Thursday, May 24, 2012

Update Thursday #60


Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading, with writing, and beyond. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.

~*~

Reading...

Books I finished this week:
Perfect by Ellen Hopkins (TBR Pile Challenge)
Books I'm reading now (and some still):
386 of 1026 E.E. Cummings poems finished (2 this week)

~*~

Writing...

I don't think I did much more after last week. It's been a whirlwind of doing something nonstop. Once I got home, I had to write a list (ahem, MULTIPLE lists) of everything I needed to do (putting everything from suitcases to where it belongs, helping with laundry, responding to emails... etc., so much etc.). I have notes in my phone that need copied to paper for future use. Once my life gets back to the routine and everything is in its place, I will be able to write again. Especially since I'm so ahead on reading!

~*~

Otherwise...

The view of the lake where we stayed on vacation.
Oh the vacation was wonderful! Part of me is glad to be back though. Not that I didn't enjoy being away from things, I just needed to get back to my home, my room, my bed. You know? The lake house was gorgeous. We had an amazing time hanging out with our friends and making new ones. I will be compiling a post to share some pictures of my vacation with everyone by the end of the month.

Ah! Like I said above, SO MUCH TO DO. I feel like I'm running in circles. I spent most of Wednesday morning/afternoon online catching up with everything and everyone, watching two season finales I missed out on catching before I left for vacation (How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory), printing off pages for my upcoming blog post series... Then I spent the evening cleaning up my room. I probably won't have much new content on this blog until June. I have that indie publishing blog post series to get started AND literally SEVEN reviews to write. Plus, I need to put in a call for a job application I turned in.


Until next time...

~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time! The view was gorgeous, I can't wait to see more pictures. I feel like I'm getting behind on everything, and I'm always at home so I have no excuse lol. I need a vacation desperately. A change of scene, a change of pace. Ugh. My brain is just shutting down from the monotony I think. I started doing an update Thursday too after being inspired by you. I used to do a weekly recap when I participated in Follow Me Friday, but since I haven't done that most of this year I needed something to do a weekly roundup. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can take a vacation soon, it sounds like you're due for one. :) I love that you're doing an Update Thursday! <3 I like the way you have yours set up.

      Delete
  2. Busy busy busy! You just came back from vacation. You should be chilling out. Being ahead on reading is great isn't it? Makes you feel freer somehow.Can't wait to see more pics. Especially since it looks like spring where you are and it's blowing a gale here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be chilling out! I do feel freer, like I can do anything I want now. I'll be sure to get the pictures up for y'all soon! :D

      Delete
  3. Yay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like I can't catch up to anything since I got home from vacation! That lake is beautiful, btw.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!