Sunday Replay is a weekly recap of the postings on this blog. I will also be sharing other articles and newsworthy items I've found interesting. I may even showcase some pictures I've uploaded.
Stuff from the blog this week:
- Last "official" post from The Journey of Self-Publishing with our indie author panel's Last Words. Be sure to keep your eye out tomorrow for a GIVEAWAY and the following Monday for some bonus questions.
- Music Monday features the amazing Billy Joel this time.
- My review of Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster.
- Cover reveal for the awesome novel The Game Changer by Marie Landry.
- The 76th Update Thursday is posted.
- I review Charmed Thirds, the 3rd novel in the Jessica Darling series, by Megan McCafferty.
In other news elsewhere on the internet..
- The Indelibles have a nice post on how to sell your book Hook, Line, and Sinker.
- Adventures in YA Publishing shares the post Concept Begins from Line One, including a list of 8 ways to develop a unique concept.
- Chuck Wendig with another list of 25, this time about rules for writing and telling stories. Some are a bit different than we get told, but there are good reasons behind it.
- The Bookshelf Muse talks about Building Suspense, which is something that's been on my mind lately because I think it is integral to keeping a reader interested.
- Read all about it on Nawanda Files--filming has begun for Catching Fire!
- Great discussion post at Once Upon a Prologue about how to get and keep followers.
And.... a new LOL cat...
~Giveaway Hop Idea--Need Feedback!~
So! I've been thinking about hosting a giveaway hop. For now, I just want to try it out once and see how many people I can get to sign up. The giveaway will just be a generic giveaway, as in, anything book related: books, gift certificates, bookmarks, swag, e-books... There would be no minimum cost for what you give away, meaning, you could even give away a 99¢ e-book. You can set up your giveaway any way you'd like--Rafflecopter, Google Docs, etc.; have requirements however you like--Free Entry, follow via GFC, or bonus entries like following on Twitter. The length would be probably one week. You can make it international or just US or US/Canada.
The above is just the gist of what I have in mind. I'll write out a complete rule list for participants once I get feedback from you guys and let you know in the next Sunday Replay when I'll be posting sign ups. I still have to sign up for Linky Tools before I can even start this.
What do you guys think? Would you be interested in participating in a giveaway hop? Would you be interested in entering giveaways in a hop? Do you have any questions? Let me know in the comments below!
Much love to all!