I'm so pleased to share with you my interview with author Clare James. I've read two of her books--the first two in the Elite PR series--and I loved every minute of them!
Interview with Clare James
Thanks so much for having me today to talk about my very first series with Brazen!
1. What sparked the idea for the Elite PR series?The idea for this series came from my background in PR. I’ve worked in corporate PR, agency PR, and even owned my own small consulting company before I started writing full time. Though I didn’t have clients nearly as interesting as Jarod or Aaron, I’ve been involved in some very fascinating cases and thought it’d be a great backdrop for a romance series. I also LOVE the idea of the women saving the men.
2. My favorite aspect of Played was Aaron's relationship with his brother, Graham. What made you decide to write a deaf character?That warms my heart to hear you say that!! To be honest, Graham just came to me this way. I’d love to give him his own story (winks at my publisher). I adore books with diverse characters that paint a real picture of our world, and I really try to offer that in my own writing as well. You’ll see that in most of my books.
3. Has your writing evolved since the first book you published?OMG- YES!! I’m learning and growing every day. Yet, with each book, I feel like I’m starting all over again because every book needs to be written in its own way. I still take writing classes and workshops and read the craft books. I always will, because writing can never truly be mastered.
4. What is your favorite book trope (fake relationship, enemies to lovers, etc.)?Hmmm. I’m not sure what you even call this trope, but I love when the reader knows something that one of the characters doesn’t know. Like when the heroine is a struggling single mom, but the hero thinks she’s a party girl. And she doesn’t correct him, and he’s a real jerk. Until he finds out her true story. Man, situations like that get me every dang time!
5. What is the best tip that you got from another author about writing?*Make me care*
I’ve heard this from several authors and writers in my critique groups. But this really sums up everything. Make the reader care—about your characters, about the story, about what’s going to happen next. Now how to do that? That’s where the craft comes into play.
6. What is something you haven't written (genre, occupation, etc.) that you want to write about in a future book?I’d like to try my hand at a sexy thriller for adults. That would be fun!
7. What are you currently reading?Nuts by Alice Clayton. Loving it so far!
8. Tell us about what stories are next for you.Well, I’m happy to say that I have one more story in the Elite PR series coming out next year. I have another secret series that I’ll be announcing soon. I also have another book (or two) coming out in my Quick and Dirty series. 2016 is going to be a big year, so stay tuned!
Thanks so much for having me!!
About the BookAmazon | B&N
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Play. Or be played.
The music should be enough. End of story. But Aaron Major is finding out it's not, and now his agent has hired a firm of suits to help launch his debut album, turning his life into a goddamn circus. Smile here. Play there. Be nice. Well, screw that. If Aaron wanted to spend his time shaking hands and kissing babies, he would've gone into politics.
Helping launch the career of country singer Aaron Major should be a cakewalk for PR pro Melody Sharp. Aaron is charming, sexy, and oh-so-appealing when he's on stage. Off stage, though, he's her worst nightmare. A stubborn, ornery, reclusive nightmare without a lick of business-or fashion-sense. The only way he's going to make it in music is with a serious makeover-and quite possibly a personality transplant.
Soon, they're engaged in a game of give and take, and though it's Melody calling the shots, it's Aaron who holds all control...
About the Author
Clare James is the author of steamy contemporary romance and new adult novels: BEFORE YOU GO, MORE, and THE CLUB. A former dancer, Clare still loves to get her groove on—mostly to work off her beloved cupcakes and red wine.
A fan of spunky women, gorgeous guys, and super-hot romance, Clare spends most of her time lost in books. She lives in Minneapolis with her two leading men—her husband and young son—and loves to hear from her fans.
Find her at: