Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Review: Paper Hearts Vol 3: Some Marketing Advice by Beth Revis

Title: Paper Hearts Vol 3: Some Marketing Advice
Author: Beth Revis
Published: December 31st 2015
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Writing Reference
Buy: Amazon ~*~ B&N
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Help readers discover your work.

Once your book is out there, you realize that the most difficult thing about publishing is actually getting read. For the novice author looking to find actionable methods of gaining exposure, this volume will provide a foundation for marketing that will help kickstart any writing career.

Practical Advice Meets Real Experience

After the book is published, your job as a writer isn’t done. Paper Hearts will help you:

-Find Balance between Art and Business

-Develop an Online Presence

-Examine and Exploit the Way People Buy Books

-Set Up Basic Tools for Communication

-Discuss Best Practices to Get Reviews

-Analyze What’s Worth Your Time & Money

-Develop Live and Online Book Tours & Events

-Host Live Events, Even if You’re an Introvert

…And much more!

BONUS! Includes a list of the most common social media outlets and the best practices for authors to use them and reach readers.

My Thoughts:

I tried to keep myself away from NetGalley to remove the temptation to request books because I didn't think I'd be able to get to them. But one day while I was on Twitter somebody RT'ed a link to this book being available on there and I checked it out. As an indie author, marketing advice is extremely appreciated and necessary to keep your book going. So I decided to request and I'm glad I did.

There's loads of tips and tricks for authors in this book. A decent number of them I was aware of, but there were some new-to-me ideas that I can put to use in the future. Even the stuff I already knew was a nice reminder. I would highly (and I mean HIGHLY) recommend this book for new authors, indie or traditional, because there's so much to learn and apply to get the most out of your marketing techniques. This is the third book in the Paper Hearts series by Beth Revis. I'm very appreciative of the knowledge I've taken in from this and hope to get the chance to read the first two books to learn more.

My Rating:

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!