Here we go...
1. Getting there with Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs. Very intense. Almost 3/4 of the way through.
2. My next two reviews will be for What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones, and Delirium by Lauren Oliver. (Yep! Jumping on the bandwagon!) Writing out the first, expect that soon. Thinking about what to write for the second.
3. Recent book purchases! I went to Barnes and Noble the Saturday after getting a membership. Spent about an hour and a half there. Here's a list of what I got: The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard, Hold Still by Nina LaCour, Beautiful by Amy Reed, Craft, Inc.: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business by Meg Mateo Ilasco (another book on how to sell handmade things), and Jane Austen's Little Advice Book by Cathryn Michon and Pamela Norris (I love Jane Austen, and yet have never read one of her books in entirety, just watched a bunch of movies based on her books). I've been into some deep topics lately fiction wise. Speaking of which...
4. I should pick out a fun read to break up the intensity of the books I'm in the midst of. What to read... I'll search my shelves later.
5. I'm expecting 3 packages of books in the mail by the beginning of next week. Thanks a lot Amazon for your Bargain Books and buy 4 books for the cost of 3 deal! Bah! You'll find out what they are by next weeks update. ;)
6. I am recommending to my readers the blog of a friend, Angie. It's called Eastern Sunset Reads and she reviews books of various genres including paranormal and fantasy and much more! I'm usually more into the young adult novels of that nature, but I'm going to check a couple of them out and expand my reading horizons.
Well, that about does it for today. I have a movie to watch for the first time (Toy Story 3, I know, I am SOOO behind) and I want to get closer to finishing a book tonight. I've only got so many days left in the year to meet the 50 mark. *crosses fingers*