Thursday, May 12, 2011
Booking Through Thursday #1 & Update Thursday #6 May 12th 2011
Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb @ BTT. This week's question asks the following:
Do you read books “meant” for other age groups? Adult books when you were a child; Young-Adult books now that you’re grown; Picture books just for kicks … You know … books not “meant” for you. Or do you pretty much stick to what’s written for people your age?
Oh, wow. When I was younger, I read books that were mostly age appropriate but usually a couple grades above me (like Anne Of Green Gables, lots of long vocab words in there for a girl in 4th grade!). I loved reading in elementary school, but somehow once I hit high school and started homeschooling, I became a bum about reading. I'd still read here and there, but not much. Then once I graduated and got my driver's license and could go to the bigger library not far from where I work, I started to read teen/YA novels. Eight years later and I'm still reading teen novels. I'm 25! Ha! I love them. I even love The Clique series even though it's about 12/13 year old girls. I just find adolescence so amusing. Sometimes I'll read novels for 20-somethings, but my main interest is YA. I randomly read kids books too because I'm a firm believer in not letting go of your childhood just because you're an adult.
This week on Update Thursday...
1. I finished Sloppy Firsts last night and oh my goodness I forgot how awesome it was. The one quote was like the epitome of my view on dating/marrying a guy, I couldn't help but laugh (it was after midnight, so I had to stifle it a teensy bit). I know that I'm supposed to be finishing the library books (and I will) but I really want to start reading book number two, Second Helpings, in the series of five. It makes me want to write a novel with a character like Jessica Darling--blunt with opinion, like my mind.
2. I made a B&N and Amazon purchase the other day (after several days of debating and subsequently losing a couple items from my cart due to availability being, well, unavailable). I even got a couple extra books for..... a giveaway! I'm waiting to figure out what to do with that. I think I want to hit a certain number of followers first. I want to host it possibly beginning of June.
3. Bones has two more episodes until the end of the season..... and somebody is supposed to die..... and Angela's having her baby..... and something might happen with Booth and Brennan..... I am such an obsessed fangirl. I can't help it. CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT!
4. Haven't gotten back to writing my story yet. I've thought about it quite a lot. I actually got out a book on writing to help me with my rut. There's so much for me to take in first, then I can write properly, and describe skillfully. My continuous reading is making the difference.
5. The book blog community is amazing. I love looking at my dashboard seeing new blog posts, and reading through comments to find new blogs to follow. And when people follow me and comment and link to their page--I love it! More people to follow! I love books, and I love finding people who love books too. Hugs to all my book friends!
That's it for this week. I've gotta eat lunch and watch some more of The Simpsons Season 10 with my brother. Good times!