Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb @ BTT. This week's question asks the following:
Do you ever feel like you’re in a reading rut? That you don’t read enough variety? That you need to branch out, spread your literary wings and explore other genres, flavors, styles?
If you look at the books I've currently read, it's divided between paranormal romance and coming of age, which are like 90-some percent of the books I read. I'm in the middle of a true story book about obsessive love called I Know You Really Love Me by Doreen Orion (Goodreads link here). And I did read a kids chapter book recently (Teenage Mermaid by Ellen Schreiber). One thing I don't do is read the classics like Jane Austen, even though I have some of the books. I think I view the book as taking a very long time to finish, so I never take it on. I stick with the easier modern books. I know I need to read a little more variety, and book blogging has opened the way to A LOT of genres and novels I've never heard of, so that is helping with the "rut".
This week on Update Thursday...
1. Almost done with the library books, and thank goodness! I need to get started on the ones I've purchased recently. I should be finishing them today. Then I can get started on the 3 new ones I have planned.
2. I have either 2 or 3 book reviews that I need to type up and post on here. Not to mention my brief thoughts on the library books.
3. My TV season is over... no more new episodes of The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, or Bones. Maybe I can actually focus on reading and writing more!
4. Writing... haven't talked about that in awhile. I've been writing bits and pieces here and there. I came up with better ideas to connect a story line for one of my stories by adding a new element. Then thought of some good conversations and arguments. Oh it's just beautiful. I can't wait to actually sit my butt down and write it from the beginning.
5. I've been spending too much time online lately, just browsing through books on Goodreads and reading over blog posts. As much as I LOVE doing that, I can't keep it up and take care of other responsibilities, like spending time with family and my writing. So I may have to cut back a little bit.
Speaking of which, I do have to go. I have packages to pick up in the mail today... and this does include... NEW BOOKS... which will be featured in my "In My Mailbox" tomorrow. ^_^ Happy reading!