Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb @ BTT. This week's question asks the following:
All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them?
I'd probably do pretty much what I do already, I own the copies of the books I want to own and borrow the books I just want to read and am not sure if I'd like yet. If I end up liking a book a lot, I will buy it after borrowing it. Of course, without anything holding me back, it will just go to an extreme. Space is really all that's holding me back right now.
Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme (but feel free to use it if you'd like) that I started to keep track of everything going on in my book blogging/writing/own world. Basically, I list off a few different things that have happened in the last week.
Since this is the 10th Update Thursday I've done, I figured I needed to have a little picture to go with my meme. ^_^
1. I got one of those writing progress meters that they offer for NaNoWriMo participants. I wanted to keep track of my progress with writing. I chose 50,000 words as a starting off point, I will probably go over that. I just have to see how things go with what I have so far in comparison to how much more needs to be said.
2. Speaking of writing, I've been reading all kinds of blogs and articles about editors and agents and publishing lately. I've found out a lot of great info from Amanda Hocking's blog, not only from her own experiences, but also from links she provided. I'm quite appreciative of all the information she gives. Whether you are a fan of her or not (which, I can't say where I am considering I haven't finished My Blood Approves yet), she is pretty awesome. Check out her blog. Read this post and find out the story of how everything happened for her.
3. I am almost 1/2 way through my reading goal for the year. I may bypass the 50 books by the end of the year, barring any bizarre circumstances (which, considering it's me, will most likely happen).
4. I just received the fourth book that I'll have available for my giveaway, which is coming soon. I can't wait!
5. I've been listening to Matchbook Romance and Chiodos lately. They're actually really good background music for writing and inspiring ideas for writing. I also discovered this playlist I made awhile back on my iPod for what I considered alternative music at the time. It had all these songs I hadn't listened to in forever. Those were really good while I was writing the other day. The only artist I remember from the playlist is A Thorn For Every Heart. It was one of those "I'm filling in the blanks while buying stuff from BMG music service back when BMG music service gave great deals" purchases. I got a lot of strange and good music back then.
6. The heat outside is too much lately. I want perpetual autumn. And to live next to the river and canal again. Those were some nice walks. Check out this picture. One day I'll be able to go back there. All the houses over there were priced a little out of our range at the time. It's so gorgeous there though.
That's all for today my dears! Happy Thursday! ^_^