Thursday, July 7, 2011

Booking Through Thursday #9 & Update Thursday #14

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb @ BTT. This week's question asks the following:

Since my dog is turning 10 today … what animal-related books have you read? Which do you love? Do you have a favorite literary dog? (Snoopy, anyone?)

101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith, The Grand Escape by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by by Robert C. O'Brien, Pyewacket by Rosemary Weir (see picture)... I know there's more, but those are at the top of the list. As for a favorite dog, I'm not sure. I've never been a huge dog person, and it's been so long since I read 101 Dalmatians, I can't remember who my favorite was.

~*~


Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme (but feel free to use it if you'd like) that I started to keep track of everything going on in my book blogging/writing/own world. Basically, I list off a few different things that have happened in the last week.

1. On reading: I'll probably be finishing a couple books by the weekend. I've been able to read a little bit at work on break here and there. Haven't gotten too far at home.

2. On writing: I've done a couple character profiles and I come up with some great lines. Now to figure out what scenes they'll fit into.

3. Otherwise: Went to the zoo on Monday with my brother and a friend--lots of fun! I got Gossip Girl Season 2 in the mail on Tuesday... and OBSESSING ever since. I watched the first disc Tuesday, then went on through from episode 5-14 last night... keeping myself up until 3 AM. At least I was sorting through and bagging up my yarn for storage. My brother seemed annoyed that I continued watching GG without him. He and I used to watch The OC all the time, and I think he likes GG now too. So I'll probably be restarting it for his benefit. Good times. We find enjoyment in the drama. ^_^


DON'T FORGET!!! I've still got my giveaway going on until Sunday. Check it out and enter at this link here! <3


~Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Frisby! I'd forgotten about that book. It was one of my favs as a kid. I also loved the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!