Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #10

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:

"All of it surrounds me and
I'm surprised when I realize
how familiar it feels.
I turn and run the other way."


~Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder


Yep! Another book in verse. I've gotten surprisingly far over the weekend with it even though I had a guest stay two nights in a row.

~Jessica

7 comments:

  1. I recently read The Day Before and I love it so much I have vowed to get all of Lisa's previous books.
    Great teaser.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent teaser and now I need to read this book.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesdays-my-teaser-is-from-the-secret-lives-of-the-four-wives.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love verse books. They're so fast and amazingly simple yet (usually) very deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love verse books! I'll have to look into getting this one! :)

    My post for this week: http://thoughts-of-an-endless-dreamer.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    <3
    ~Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. why I wonder it turned and went the other way.good teaser, suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Jenny: Exactly! I think that's the main reason why I can't stop reading them.

    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!