Thursday, July 21, 2011

Update Thursday #16

Update Thursday #16

Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading, with writing, and beyond. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.

~*~

Reading, Writing...

Books I finished this week (and maybe last week):
~Last Chapter And Worse by Gary Larson
~Cows Of Our Planet by Gary Larson
~The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
~Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Books I'm reading now (and some still):
~The Other Boy by Hailey Abbott (Nookbook/Summer Romance Challenge)
~At The Party (Books 1-4) by Lauren Barnholdt (4 short stories, I consider it one book)
~LoveSick by Jake Coburn
~Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
~Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin
~The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

I've decided to update my Goodreads challenge... Not sure what number just yet. My reading has increased since I started. Having only read 6 books by mid-March I had lower expectations of being able to complete more than 50. I may change it by the end of the weekend.

Since putting my blog on temporary hiatus, I've been able to write out a few reviews. I also have come up with some great articles/commentaries on romance in YA novels. I wrote one and it actually felt pretty good.

Speaking of the temporary hiatus on my blog... what is in store? Here's the latest scoop. I'm restarting everything August 1st. This gives me a week and a half to rework the format/appearance of my blog (did a little bit of that already), get the articles/reviews together, and write out a schedule. So keep an eye out! I'll be back full force soon.

And Otherwise...

As some here know, I collect My Little Ponies. My best friend since Kindergarten got me started. She and I are doing a "pony swap" with another friend from pony forums. I received their lists of pony wants probably a month ago and still have barely started. I'll probably be using this 1 1/2 week gap in between here for online pony shopping too. The deadline is in September, so I need to get a move on considering how long it takes to receive stuff in the mail.

My obsession with Gossip Girl and Ed Westwick reaches new levels of awesome. My brother and I are on Season 3. Once we finish, I don't know what I'll do waiting for Season 4 to come out on DVD. It's more than a month away (August 23rd, which is surprisingly early for a TV series DVD release, most come out in September/October), but it gives me plenty of time to watch it before Season 5 starts on September 26th. Ed Westwick-wise, well, I decided to type in his name while on Barnes & Noble and an audiobook came up... City Of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments Series #4) by Cassandra Clare... I was like OMG WAIT WHAT?! Oh, to listen to his voice read a story to me. Talk about making me swoon. I haven't read the series, unsure if it's something I'd enjoy, but... I swear I'm tempted to get the audiobook just to listen to him, even if I have no idea what's going on. If that isn't obsession, I don't know what is.


That's all for now! Happy reading to everyone and have a great day!

~Jessica

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the reformatting/redesigning the blog. And hsve fun with it as well ^^.

    Don't worry Chuck Bass "dark brooding" look always was a lady killer ;).

    If you hear Chuck being kidnapped, a plane jacking that went wrong like some 8 year old planned it. Don't worry that would be a would be fugitive santa aka me, bringing your x-mas present parceled and wrapped, i'll give you a hint he plays Ed ;). Sshh..don't let interpol know what am planning XDDDDD. Joking ^-^.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so quiet around here. I can't wait till you're back full force. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocco B: Thanks, and lol!

    Jenny: It has been quiet, it's kind of weird looking at the same posts at the top of my blog every time I log on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your present is here!!!. *Unveils your present*. Da dah!!!. Hmm..*looks at chuck pic* then to the chuck gagged and tied up. Hmmm I didn't know Chuck was a middle aged man, with blonde hair, wore cowboy boots and hat ??? o_O. -googles chuck bass- O_O.....oh dear..err.. I think I got you the wrong Chuck Jessica...I.. got... you... CHUCK NORRIS!!!!...

    ... He'll make a fine dinner guest...

    ..I wonder how much he'll go for on ebay. I blame my cat for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!