Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update Thursday #18

Update Thursday #18

Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading, with writing, and beyond. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.

~*~

Reading, Writing...

Books I finished this week:

~The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols (Nookbook/Summer Romance Challenge)
~Real Live Boyfriends by E. Lockhart
~The Other Boy by Hailey Abbott (Nookbook/Summer Romance Challenge)

Books I'm reading now (and some still):

~Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin
~The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
~Afterlife by Claudia Gray
~The Grand Escape by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor


I'm a little behind on reading and writing but that's okay. I was pretty focused on getting the blog back up and running. I have a book on characters and viewpoint that's really helping me out with my story. And pretty much every day I'm thinking about my stories while going about daily activities. Come up with an idea, jot it down to work on later. I think it would be good for me to dedicate 15 minutes a day to writing, just so I don't get too far out of habit. It's been at least a week or two since I sat down to write last. I need to get caught up!

And Otherwise...

I'm planning on a day at the zoo to see the lemurs near the end of the month. I can't wait! I love lemurs. They're my favorite animal and I've never seen one in person before. It's exciting. ^_^

Thanks to my Ed Westwick obsession, I watched an interview with him on You Tube and RUINED the end of season three. Remember my article on spoilers? This is what I'm talking about. That's why I should always keep up with these TV shows instead of getting obsessed with them after they finish FOUR seasons. Lol.



Well, that's it. I can't think of anything else. See everyone tomorrow!

~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. The fifteen minute writing thing sounds like a good idea. I should have done that. Now I'm really out of the habit. :( Have fun at the Zoo. I can totally relate. Not about lemurs but Anteaters. When I got to see my first one in real life I was ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm hoping the 15 minute thing makes a difference. You should try it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!