Thursday, April 12, 2012

Update Thursday #54

Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading, with writing, and beyond. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.

~*~

Reading...

Books I finished this week:
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Books I'm reading now (and some still):
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (Classics Challenge)
 Hana by Lauren Oliver (E-Book Challenge)

276 of 1026 E.E. Cummings poems finished (10 this week)

Writing...

I will be printing the first draft out today. First chance I've had all week to do it, so YAY! I was scrolling through it to see if I left unnecessary space in certain spots between chapters to ensure I'm not wasting paper. I found some scenes and thoughts that I jotted down before and after chapters that started triggering my inspiration of the story to begin with. It's good that I'm printing it out. Now I can easily find those little thoughts I came up with later in the writing of the book (like personality traits I took note of to incorporate earlier into the book, etc.).

Otherwise...

Don't mess with Lady Conductors.
The plan for last Saturday didn't end up working out, SOOO it got moved to this Sunday, and moved to Indiana. Lol. This time it's carved in stone. But last Saturday and Sunday, some local friends and my brother and I went to the park and goofed off. We took some funny pictures. The one on the side is me in some sort of wooden truck. I have no idea what I'm trying to do for the photo, but I didn't want to do the whole 'normal smiling because I'm posing in a wooden truck' thing. Earlier we had posed in the wooden train that was there too. My brother's friend made the comment: "Lady conductors? Matt doesn't think so." So my mom said about this picture: "It's the 'Don't mess with the lady conductor' face." Oh, mom. Classic.


Until next time...

~Jessica

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!