Sunday, September 30, 2012

Banned Books Week: 30th Anniversary!

Banned Books Week has arrived!

Time to celebrate the freedom to read. This year it runs from September 30th through October 6th. You can read more about Banned Books Week here. Check out the frequently challenged books--click on the side to see the lists by year, author, etc.

I think Banned Books Week is great. Last year I read Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. This year I read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I read it early so I could share my review with you this week.


Virtual Read-Out!

During Banned Books Week there is a Virtual Read-Out. People record videos of themselves reading a banned book. Authors and celebrities have participated. So can anyone else, including you and me! I was hoping to record one of me reading from a banned book, but it wasn't going to work out this year.

I promise that next year I will do one! Maybe you can too. ^_^



30 Years!

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of Banned Books Week with me! Read a Banned Book. Participate in the Virtual Read-Out. Buy a Banned Book. Enter a Banned Book giveaway. Whatever! Have fun and have a wonderful day!

~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 30 years! Banned Books Week always makes me realize how lucky we are to live somewhere that even when books are banned, we can still get our hands on them. Not everyone is as lucky. I wish you'd been able to do a video, I want to see you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's great how long it has been around! We are pretty lucky. :)

      Oh, I know!!! I was so super excited to do it but I have zero editing skills. I have plenty of time between now and next BBW to make one though. :P

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!