Thursday, September 6, 2012

Update Thursday #75

Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading and writing. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.



~*~
 
Reading...

Books I Finished:

 
Books I'm reading:


~*~
 
Writing...

~ If Only We ~ 30,010 ~
~ Before We Knew ~ 11, 449 ~
~ Whatever This Is ~ outlining ~
~ Under Enchanted Skies ~ 1,550/plotting ~
~ Beyond The Horizon ~ plotting ~
~ So I Thought ~ plotting ~
~ Hold Your Breath ~ plotting ~

The latest = So, I got this weekly notepad thing (kind of like this but not sticky notes, just paper) and decided to use it to mark down the specific tasks I want to do every day. For example, finish 1/2 of a book I'm reading, write a review, etc. It's actually working out better than my loose leaf paper list of everything I need to do soon. If I don't do it on the day I intend to, I'll make sure to do it the next day, or the next.

Back to the point... I wrote down that I wanted to write 500 words of my WIP every day. I was hoping that it would be the little push I needed, since it's a small enough goal. Did it work? Yes and no. It took me 9 days instead of 7 to write that many words. Isn't that still a good thing? HECK YES. I wrote more than 3500 words in 9 days. I believe I've found a way to keep me on track. If I can keep this up, I'll have a new word count to share with you at the end of the month, maybe sooner.

~*~

Until next time!

~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you found something that works for you! And that you're moving along with your writing - that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you found something that's working for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard great things about Cracked Up to Be!
    I love organizing what I will do each day and setting mini goals, I think it really motivates me to do what I have to do every day. Good luck!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it works for you too! It makes you feel accomplished when you reach the little goals. :) Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!