Sunday Replay is a weekly recap of the postings on this blog. I will also be sharing other articles and newsworthy items I've found interesting. I may even showcase some pictures I've uploaded.
Stuff from the blog this week:
- Please please please participate in my awesome giveaway hop: The Book Love Giveaway Hop! Sign ups started on Monday.
- Music Monday features "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye this week!
- My review of The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
- The 79th Update Thursday is posted.
- I discuss Banned Books Week in my latest Question of the Moment--weigh in with your thoughts!
- Stacking the Shelves: September Edition! See what I got last month book-wise.
In other news elsewhere on the internet..
- Phoebe North of YA Highway talks on the importance of the sense of smell when it comes to writing.
- Awesome article by Katie Klein about blurbs--for authors looking for them and authors writing them.
- Angela Ackerman gives us her favorite writing links.
- We got 25 ways to get your creative groove back as a writer by Chuck Wendig.
- A nice guest post on The Bookshelf Muse about uncluttered prose. You know, how you sometimes use too many words in a sentence that it takes away from the point? Sometimes simple is best.
- Lena Sledge has a nice article on how to utilize Pinterest as a writer.
And.... just a picture of Max playing with the Swiffer (I couldn't come up with anything to make it into an LOL)...
I did mention this on Thursday, since I posted my first post on it on Thursday, but I felt I should mention it again... I started a writing blog! It's just my name, Jessica Sankiewicz, no special title (mostly because I just couldn't come up with anything that fit). I'm going to try to post at least once a week with writing updates and news. I've found a handful of memes I'm considering participating in to connect with some authors and writers. Once I publish my first book, it will no longer be a writing blog, but an author blog! (Cue me squeeing. ♥) Please follow it and I'll love you forever!
~Giveaway Hop Update~
As you may have seen, I started sign ups for a giveaway hop to be hosted on this blog Monday. Unfortunately, I have not had much of a response to it. Maybe it's because I asked people to email me to participate. The only reason I chose to do that was because I didn't want to invest money into a Linky tool for giveaway hops until I know I would have enough participation. Maybe I do need a Linky tool after all to make it easier to join. Or maybe I could switch to Google Docs and have people fill out the details that way instead. What do you think?
In any case... Unless I get a few more people to sign up soon, I may have to postpone the hop. Maybe it's better to plan further ahead for giveaway hops anyhow. I was just so anxious to have one that I planned it for this month. Oh well!
Much love to all!