Thursday, October 25, 2012

Update Thursday #82

Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading and writing. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.



~*~
 
Reading...

Books I Finished:

~None?!?!?!~

Books I'm reading:



Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (-Goodreads-)
dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman (-Goodreads-)
City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare (-Goodreads-)
Uses For Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt (-Goodreads-)


827 of 1026 E.E. Cummings poems finished (28 this week)

~*~
 
Writing...

~ If Only We ~ 37,281 ~
~ Before We Knew ~ 11, 449 ~
~ Whatever This Is ~ outlining ~
~ Under Enchanted Skies ~ 1,550/plotting ~
~ Beyond The Horizon ~ plotting ~
~ So I Thought ~ plotting ~
~ Hold Your Breath ~ plotting ~

The latest = Didn't reach the 2000 word goal like I wanted to, but I managed 1600. It's been a long week and I have gotten behind on a lot of things. I may be enjoying my new job but I have let a lot of things slide lately. I realized last night that I need to go back to making lists to take care of things needing done. Finishing books (as you can tell above, I haven't gotten ahead this week, and I only added one more because I read part of it when I downloaded it from NetGalley), writing reviews, scheduling the Scarlet Read-Along (by the way, don't forget to sign up!), reorganizing my clothes (packing up summer and putting out winter... *facepalm*... if you can't tell, I'm not a fan of winter), online sales... It's all just one big mess that needs straightened out. I'm trying to take it all one step at a time.

I have to say though, that I'm working on two special writing projects. One I've wanted to do for a long time, the other just came to me recently as a possibility and I think it will help me get through moments of writer's block. I'll tell you guys more about it soon. ;)


Until next time!

~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. I hope you can get everything sorted out soon. I think I'm finally starting to adjust...although having a few days off this week definitely helped. Lists are good...I have a million going at once and keep adding to them so I need to figure out a way to streamline them lol.

    Yay for writing projects! I can't wait to hear about them. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just haven't buckled down and realized how behind I was. Now that I have, I'll be able to get things done. :)

      I can't wait to tell everyone about them! Once I get them partway done, then I'll post about it. ;)

      Delete
  2. YAY JESS! Keep writing like you are, girl!

    And ENJOY UTNS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to have a job but I hate the time it sucks from our lives. I haven't finished a book for weeks! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to how you feel now! I'm still able to read a little bit before bed, but I wish it could be more like before.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!