Thursday, November 1, 2012

Update Thursday #83


Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading and writing. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.

Reading...

Books I Finished:

 
Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (-Goodreads-)
Uses For Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt (-Goodreads-)
dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman (-Goodreads-)

Books I'm reading:



The Evolution Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (-Goodreads-)
The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin (-Goodreads-)
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen (-Goodreads-)
City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare (-Goodreads-)


838 of 1026 E.E. Cummings poems finished (11 this week)

Writing...

~ If Only We ~ 37,411 ~
~ Before We Knew ~ 11, 449 ~
~ Whatever This Is ~ outlining ~
~ Under Enchanted Skies ~ 1,550/plotting ~
~ Beyond The Horizon ~ plotting ~
~ So I Thought ~ plotting ~
~ Hold Your Breath ~ plotting ~

The latest = Well..... the writing has been lacking at best this week. I did very little because I had way too much going on. The Scarlet Read-Along has started and preparing for it took up 1/3 of my time. Another 1/3 was... this awesome new blog design! I'll talk more about that in a full blog post very soon. The other 1/3 was a bunch of other things that I have put off. But, I was able to finish reading a few books! It seems like I did a lot, but I already had two of them 3/4 of the way finished last week, so it really isn't. My writing shall get better quite soon. Once I finish the things I've put off, I'll be diving back into writing.

It is November 1st!!! For my lovely friends participating in NaNoWriMo, I wish you all the very best of luck. What you are doing is going to be an amazing experience. I would love to be able to join in with you on this 50,000 word endeavor, but alas, it just wasn't going to work out with everything else I have going on. But, I am here on the sidelines cheering you on.... why? Because I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!! <3


Until next time!


6 comments:

  1. I love the new layout!! <3 Black Kitties! You have had a busy week but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one thing I wanted the most on here, a black kitty! It was a worth it week. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you think of Under the Never Sky. And yay, you're reading The Evolution of Mara Dyer, I know how excited you were for that book! I still need to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I'm hoping I'll get to it this year. I think I have about 20 books left to reach my goal, and there's just no way, not with writing and all the other stuff I have going on...unless I pick a bunch of short books to zoom through lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you must read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer as soon as possible. If I had more time, I'd probably be reading the sequel in a day, but alas, I have work and other responsibilities. I think you can meet the goal--you should just read a bunch of novellas! That would work. If you look at the books I've read, they include books that aren't full length novels, there's even a kids book in there. I say GO FOR IT. :D

      Delete
    2. I was actually thinking of reading novellas, or even a few MG books or those old teen pocket novels (I've been wanting to reread a couple Babysitters Club books...is that really lame? lol). I keep picking long books lately, but I can't seem to find short ones! I should go to the library with that exact purpose in mind lol

      Delete
    3. It isn't lame... for some reason I keep wanting to read Sweet Valley High books... Lol. :P I pick the long ones anymore too! Makes reading a book a week plus writing hard! But yes, a library trip with that purpose may be in order. And novellas are cheap if you wanted to go that route. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!