Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Review: All The Broken Pieces by Cindi Madsen

Title: All The Broken Pieces
Author: Cindi Madsen
Published: December 11th 2012
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
What if your life wasn’t your own?

Liv comes out of a coma with no memory of her past and two distinct, warring voices inside her head. Nothing, not even her reflection, seems familiar. As she stumbles through her junior year, the voices get louder, insisting she please the popular group while simultaneously despising them. But when Liv starts hanging around with Spencer, whose own mysterious past also has him on the fringe, life feels complete for the first time in, well, as long as she can remember.

Liv knows the details of the car accident that put her in the coma, but as the voices invade her dreams, and her dreams start feeling like memories, she and Spencer seek out answers. Yet the deeper they dig, the less things make sense. Can Liv rebuild the pieces of her broken past, when it means questioning not just who she is, but what she is?

My Thoughts:

I have a curiosity inside when I read a synopsis like the above. Especially when it’s not going to be some sort of paranormal or fantasy element. It makes me think, “Oh, what could it possibly be?!” and I must know. So when I got the opportunity to read this, I was excited.

Liv can’t remember what happened to her or why she has two voices battling in her head. Nor can she understand why her parents are so evasive when it comes to answering questions about her life before the accident. They are starting over in a new town and Liv starts to go to school despite her mom’s paranoia. She tries hard to fit in with her classmates, even though part of her doesn’t want to trust them. At the same time, she finds herself drawn to Spencer, the guy who is a loner at school.

It’s a bit difficult for her to fit in, since she not only doesn’t remember life before the accident, but the simplest of things, like a knock-knock joke, is completely new to her. Spencer starts helping her discover these things one at a time, and they get closer to each other. All the while, Liv is having vivid dreams that feel more like flashbacks to her former self. Only nothing is making sense, the pieces just don’t fit in together. Will they ever fit together?

All The Broken Pieces was a wild ride of epic proportion. I love when you can’t figure out what is going on. The flashbacks keep you guessing and wondering why you don’t know what it could be. The ending was spectacular. I didn’t see that coming. Cindy Madsen can keep your eyes glued to the page because she knows how to keep the story interesting and mysterious. So glad I got the chance to read this one.

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. Another mind twister of a book. I don't know if this one is necessarily for me. I always end up confused in books where there are warring personalities inside the one person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so curious about them! It keeps me reading until I find out what is happening, despite how confused I get throughout, lol. :P

      Delete
  2. Well this one sounds quite interesting. I hadn't heard of it so thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have been the one to put it on your radar! :D

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!