Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review: Fearless by Tawny Weber

Title: Fearless
Author: Tawny Weber
Published: September 15th 2013
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers

Promising career: check

Amazing apartment: check

The best of friends: check

Sex life: MIA

There’s just one thing missing from Gia Renyard’s life: sexual adventure. And the one man she’d like to have it with is her hot co-worker, Luke Monroe. If only company rules didn’t prohibit her from asking him out. So Gia comes up with a plan: make herself over into a fantasy seductress, follow Luke to a convention in Sin City, and have her way with him for one erotic weekend. The man will never even know who did him.

Everything is going according to plan—until Gia discovers that Luke is perfect for her outside the bedroom too. And suddenly she’s no longer content to let what happens in Vegas stay in Vegas…

My Thoughts:

I went into this intrigued by the premise of a forbidden work romance. And I was thinking it would appeal to me because of all the New Adult I've been reading lately; Women's Fiction should surely be just as good, right? Unfortunately, not so much for me.

Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting and appealing story. Gia and Luke have a very nice romance throughout. What I didn't like were a few things. One of them being that it was told in the third person, not just Gia's perspective, but also Luke's. I'm just not a fan of that. That aside, the way the story progressed just wasn't working for me. It didn't keep my attention to the point where I found myself inadvertently skimming to get somewhere. Then add on the way everything wrapped up in the end and I was just like, okaaay. Not that it was bad, just too easy, too expected. Me reading it: "Yep. Knew that was coming. That too." That kind of thing.

Fearless may not have been the type of book I expected upon going into it, but I did enjoy the story. The interactions and passion between Gia and Luke were great, they made the story worthwhile. I can say that Tawny Weber is definitely able to craft a cute story. I'd say give it a try if you like books in this category.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!