Friday, November 29, 2013

Review: Finding It by Cora Carmack

Title: Finding It
Author: Cora Carmack
Published: October 15th 2013
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers

Sometimes you have to lose yourself to find where you truly belong...

Most girls would kill to spend months traveling around Europe after college graduation with no responsibility, no parents, and no-limit credit cards. Kelsey Summers is no exception. She's having the time of her life . . . or that's what she keeps telling herself.

It's a lonely business trying to find out who you are, especially when you're afraid you won't like what you discover. No amount of drinking or dancing can chase away Kelsey's loneliness, but maybe Jackson Hunt can. After a few chance meetings, he convinces her to take a journey of adventure instead of alcohol. With each new city and experience, Kelsey's mind becomes a little clearer and her heart a little less hers. Jackson helps her unravel her own dreams and desires. But the more she learns about herself, the more Kelsey realizes how little she knows about Jackson.

My Thoughts:

After reading and LOVING Losing It, I knew I needed to get my hands on Finding It. When it showed up on Edelweiss I requested it right away. I dove in immediately and for seriousness, I could not stop reading it.

As I started it, I thought about how I wanted to smack Kelsey. The situation she was in, all I could think was how stupid she was. Enter Jackson, and I'm just enchanted by him. I'm not kidding. The chemistry between the two of them, it's new. There's attraction, but there's also hesitancy on both sides. I loved how this became an adventure with travel and experiencing new things. All I expected from this was a romantic tale, but what I got was romance AND a journey. And you guys know how much I love love love those stories. Once we get near the end, a secret is revealed and you're hopeful that it won't ruin the magic between Kelsey and Jackson.

Finding It took me on an adventure of love and life. I adored Kelsey and Jackson and everything they did and said. Kelsey grew and you grew with her. Cora Carmack, I swear, I don't know how she does it. Everything I read, I love, and I'm not going to stop reading her work. Ever.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. This is on my Christmas wish list and I'm so glad to hear that you liked it. :) I've read and loved Losing It and Faking it, so Finding It sounds like a solid Christmas wish list choice. The addition of traveling only makes this sound better. I've done my fair share in real life and I love reading about characters journeys in books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad to affirm your choice. You're going to love it, it's a very sweet story. ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!