Thursday, February 20, 2014

Review: Only In Vegas by Lindsey Brookes

Title: Only In Vegas
Author: Lindsey Brookes
Published: November 8th 2013
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Being Italian and being sexy is supposed to go hand in hand, but somewhere along the line twenty-six-year-old Angelina Rossi’s genes forgot their Italian love goddess heritage. She’s tired of relationships that fizzle the moment things start getting hot. At this rate she’s never going to experience the big ‘O’, proving her ex-boyfriend and co-worker at Sunset Travel right – there’s no thawing the ‘Ice Princess’. Thirty-year-old business executive Trey Landers isn’t surprised by much his best friend and neighbor, Angelina Rossi, throws his way. But this time she throws him one hell of a curve ball. She not only wants him to accompany her on a business trip to Las Vegas and pretend to be her lover in front of her ex-boyfriend, she wants Trey to give her lessons on seducing a man. A man of his word, Trey’s fevered kisses in front of her ex has the ass regretting his decision to break up with her. Not that she’d ever go back to him. How could she after experiencing such passion in Trey’s arms? If only what happened in Vegas didn’t have to stay in Vegas. Or did it?

My Thoughts:

Alrighty, folks. This story, it could have easily been not well liked because it fell along the lines of the stuff I usually don't like: third person and contemporary romance. Not that I don't like contemporary romances, BUT, most of them just fall short of giving me a connection to the story or characters. Not the case with this one though.

Angelina and Trey are absolutely loveable and completely perfect together. They are what made this story what it is. Their friendship was nothing short of sweetness to the tenth power. I was captivated by their relationship from start to finish. Seeing how Trey really feels about Angelina, oh my goodness... I adored it. I adored him. I adored them. It all went deeper than the whole "let's pretend" and it was evident in all the moments they shared. Not many book couples can pull it off right, but Angelina and Trey certainly had me believing they were real.

Only In Vegas kept my interest all the way through. I couldn't get enough of it. Or enough of the romance. Or of Angelina and Trey. All of it. If you love a good romance (scratch that, a great romance), then you'd better check out this gem by Lindsey Brookes. I need to actually buy a copy now because I want to relive this story again.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Oh definitely going to pick this one up. The cover caught me right away and I love contemporaries so sounds perfect to me :) Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! It's such a sweet book, I hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!