Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Review: The Trouble With Honor by Julia London

Title: The Trouble With Honor
Author: Julia London
Published: February 25th 2014
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Historical Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Desperate times call for daring measures as Honor Cabot, the eldest stepdaughter of the wealthy Earl of Beckington, awaits her family's ruin. Upon the earl's death she and her sisters stand to lose the luxury of their grand home - and their place on the pedestal of society - to their stepbrother and his social-climbing fiancée. Forced to act quickly, Honor makes a devil's bargain with the only rogue in London who can seduce her stepbrother's fiancée out of the Cabots' lives for good.

An illegitimate son of a duke, George Easton was born of scandal and grows his fortune through dangerous risks. But now he and Honor are dabbling in a perilous dance of seduction that puts her reputation and his jaded heart on the line. And as unexpected desire threatens to change the rules of their secret game, the stakes may become too high even for a notorious gambler and a determined, free-spirited debutante to handle.

My Thoughts:

My interest in this genre again ended up getting me to come across this cute little story. They always have a different story to them, although they usually run around the same lines, like making bargains, as is the case with this story. Some may end up sounding like repeats of themselves, but this one had the different feel to it.

The book starts with a game of cards involving George and Honor, which was only the beginning of their story. Honor later offers her winnings from that game of cards (oh yeah, she won) in return for the favor from him. He, of course, has to think about it at first. Then once things get started, it becomes obvious there's something between them heating up. All their conversations and interactions are amusing and sweet.

The Trouble With Honor is a great romance to pick up for fun. I really liked Honor, a smart woman, and definitely liked George and his swoonworthy ways. Julia London drew me in and kept me reading. I'll probably be willing to keep reading this series sometime in the near future.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I have this on my tbr pile! I love the cover and enjoyed the first I tried of her. Glad to hear it's good and she's a great heroine. Swoonworthy heroes are always a plus in my book too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy. Oh yes, great heroine + swoonworthy hero = awesome. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!