Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review: In Bed With Mr. Wrong by Katee Robert

Title: In Bed With Mr. Wrong
Author: Katee Robert
Published: January 13th 2014
Source: Purchased
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

The blind date from hell is about to get hotter…

Brianne Nave is never doing her friends a favor again. When they begged her to go on a blind date, she didn’t expect someone so perfectly gorgeous. She’s a mousy librarian—totally not in this man’s league. And judging by his odd reaction when she opens the door, he knows it, too.

Air Force Pararescuer Ryan Flannery avoids his hometown at all costs. He’s not thrilled about the date until he’s shocked silent by the prickly little librarian’s sweet curves and kissable lips…and her smart mouth. But then an argument leads to a kiss that spirals out of control. How can two people have so little chemistry outside the bedroom when they fit together so perfectly in it?

When their friends strand them in a cabin to "work things out," Bri’s not sure whether to kill him or put the industrial-sized box of condoms they find to use. Bottom line—Ryan’s career military and hates the tiny town she loves. He’ll leave, just like everyone else in her life. And if she’s foolish enough to give him her heart, he’ll take it with him.

My Thoughts:

Ever since I first laid eyes on this story, I can't help but think about it over and again. But could I expect any less from a Katee Robert novel? Nope. I have yet to pick one of hers up that I didn't enjoy.

I have a love for this trope--opposites who can't stop arguing that somehow can't keep their hands off each other. I think it's because of that thin line between love and hate. Ryan and Bri definitely had it, and when they kiss? *fans self* I mean, SERIOUSLY. It's almost like the anger fuels the passion and they just can't help themselves. And I just can't help finding the greatest amusement and joy during the moment when one turns into the other. Every. Single. Time.

When they have to really face the music, that's when things get real. They discover that they may not be as opposite as they thought... and that they may be able to actually get along. Of course, not everything's going to be perfect, but this is when they have to make a choice.

In Bed with Mr. Wrong was oh so right. I for absolute seriousness have picked up my Nook and read my favorite scenes in this book on several occasions. Most recently a couple days before writing this review. Why? Because there's just something about Ryan and Bri and the way that Katee Robert tells their story that makes you want to relive it. I'll always look forward to new Katee Robert books!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!