Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review: Only With You by Lauren Layne

Title: Only With You
Author: Lauren Layne
Published: July 29th 2014
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Love is the Biggest Gamble of All . . .

Cocktail waitress Sophie Dalton doesn't exactly have a life plan. She's perfectly happy being everyone's favorite party girl. But when a Las Vegas bachelorette party goes awry and an uptight businessman mistakes Sophie for a prostitute . . . well, Sophie wonders if it's time to reevaluate her priorities. Swearing off her thigh-high boots for good, Sophie slinks back home with damaged pride-and a jackpot of a hangover.

Yet what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay there. On a trip to Seattle to open a new office, Grayson Wyatt meets his latest employee-who turns out to be the same woman he recently called a hooker. Wealthy and gorgeous, Gray is a man used to getting what he wants. And it doesn't take long to figure out that smart, sassy, sexy Sophie is everything he's been looking for. As their late nights at the office turn into hot morning-afters, they realize their Vegas misunderstanding may lead to the real thing . . .

My Thoughts:

I adored the Sex, Love & Stiletto series, so when I heard of this new series I was all, MUST HAVE NOW. I was ecstatic to get the opportunity to read this before the release, and I loved it so much, I bought it for my Nook so I could read it anytime. Yep, it was that good.

Sophie gets a wake up call when she first encounters Gray. It may have been a rude assumption on his part, but it got her to thinking about her life. When they meet again, under interesting circumstances, you begin to wonder exactly where it's going. One thing leads to another and Sophie is working alongside Gray. They have their heated little spats, which are quite amusing, but there's something deeper coming through. Something neither of them had a clue was coming since they met. And then there's that spark, the undeniable spark, that causes them both to want more.

Only With You is an adorable start to this new series. Sophie and Gray are the couple you wish you could be. Also, the side stories featuring two of the side characters are a compelling element (which will be continued in the second book, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?) and I was intrigued. Thank you Lauren Layne for never ceasing to produce amazing stories!

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how the next one will unfold. I'd not heard of her other series before reading this one but grabbed those up. So glad to hear they're good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I got lucky and was approved for three of them on NetGalley--totally worth it. I can't wait to see what happens next in this series too. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!