Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Review: Sex on the Beach by Delphine Dryden

Title: Sex on the Beach
Author: Delphine Dryden
Published: July 15th 2014
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Hawaiian Vacation To-Do List:

1. Bikini up! You're in Oahu, and it's time for fruit drinks with umbrellas in them!
2. Being obsessively organized doesn't work during a Hawaiian vacation. Relax. Seriously.
3. Scan the resort for hot dudes. Huh. That hot jogger who ran by looks a lot like your ex, Jeremy—only fitter, harder and sexier.
4. Moonlit walks mean bumping into Hot Jogger Guy. Who is your ex.
5. Don't panic. Instead, think with your libido! Also debate the merits of ex sex.
6. Ignore the consequences. Go for it.
7. Revel in the afterglow. Go for rounds two and three.
8. Ooh, kayaking!
9. Round four. Oops!
10. Definitely do not think about why you broke up in the first place. Or that you're having wicked-hot nookie with the man you were here to forget…

My Thoughts:

The first two Cosmo Red-Hot Reads that I picked up last year were only okay for me. The two I've read this year, this one included, were so much more. I kinda sorta debated on picking them out on NetGalley, but I'm totally glad that I did because I got to read two great stories.

Jeremy and Amanda were engaged a year ago and, due to some issues with choices made, broke up and went their separate ways. They meet up again in Hawaii for this story and pretty soon they can't help themselves. Not that it doesn't come with obstacles, primarily because of the reasons why they broke up to begin with. But they still have these great moments--like this one:

"If you want I can fly."

"Don't. No Princess Bride quotes, please." She was a sucker for that, and he was not above exploiting her weaknesses for his own gain.

"As you wi--"

"Knock it off! I mean it!"

Because. *swoons* Seriously.

Sex on the Beach was a cute little romp. The story came together in the end nicely for Amanda and Jeremy. It has piqued my curiosity for the first book in the Tropical Trysts series, . If I can swoon over this couple, I'm definitely looking forward to the parallel story of Julie and Alan!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!