Thursday, August 14, 2014

Review: Final Call by Emma Hart

Title: Final Call
Author: Emma Hart
Published: June 16th 2014
Source: Purchased
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: Will contain spoilers
In the highly anticipated sequel to LATE CALL, Dayton and Aaron learn once more than not everything is as straightforward as it seems, and if they have any chance of getting their long-awaited happily-ever-after, they'll have to work for it...

We crashed and burned like a falling plane. Hard and fast with an inevitable explosion. Another few weeks together changed my life the way the first did. At twenty-four, I became naïve again. I became a dreamer again. A believer. And walking away hurts just as much as it did seven years ago.

But over doesn’t have to mean over-at least in Aaron Stone’s mind. His pursuit is relentless, his determination unwavering. He’ll go to any lengths to keep me and prove that I belong to him. Unfortunately, love isn’t easy, and whether or not I forgive him is irrelevant to his past catching up with us. Once again, our relationship is haunted by a secret, one that could destroy everything, and the secret is born from the need to protect the other…

But the tables have turned, because the secret is mine.

Final Call is the second and final book in the Call series and is the conclusion to Aaron and Dayton's story. It's is not a standalone and Late Call must be read first.

My Thoughts:

When I bought Late Call, I didn't know at the time that there would be a sequel... or a cliffhanger that would make my jaw drop and wish that the second book was out right that freaking second. So, yeah... I was anxiously awaiting the end of Aaron and Dayton's tale... very anxiously awaiting. And I wasn't disappointed.

Aaron and Dayton have a lot to get through, things of the past and present. Aaron is convinced that he will be able to get Dayton back, and he will stop at nothing. You can't help but feel his pain, but you also feel her pain, too. So, as the story unfolds, you're going through every emotion in the book. Neither one of them can deny that what they have is something special, and despite Dayton's anger, they know they can get past their issues.

Final Call was a wild ride of emotion that leads to an ultimately wonderful ending. I love Aaron and Dayton to pieces, they're messed up at times but still great. The secret wasn't exactly what I was expecting, and while it played out in kind of an upsetting way, I was fine with it. We got to meet the amazingly sexy Tyler... who is going to be in another series along with Dayton's friend Liv. Totally and completely can't wait for Emma Hart's next books!

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Oh she's one I've been told I need to try. Totally forgot. Sounds great though oh the cliffy in the first one would have done me in! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! She's got a new series and I'm DYING to start it. <3 At least when you start the first book you can start the next one right after!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!