Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review: Melting The Ice by Jaci Burton

Title: Melting The Ice
Author: Jaci Burton
Published: February 4th 2014
Source: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Body Check

Everything’s coming together for budding fashion designer Carolina Preston. Only months away from having her own line, she could use some publicity. That’s when her brother suggests his best friend as a model - hockey player Drew Hogan.

Carolina and Drew already have a history - a hot one, back in college. Unforgettable for Carolina, but for Drew, just another slap shot. This time, though, it’s different. His perfect body would be for professional use only. This time, she could use him.

Drew is all for it. He’s looking forward to the exposure. Plus, it would give him a chance to prove to Carolina that he’s changed. If only he could thaw her emotions, convince her to let down her guard and let him in just one more time...

My Thoughts:

Now, now, my dear. No drooling over that cover. (Sorry, not sorry, I can't refrain.) *coughs* Focus! This is a review. Now that I'm done complimenting the cover--let's get to the story. This is my first Jaci Burton novel, and let me tell you, it will not be the last. I shall not stop until I have read them all!

Okay, so the story. Carolina and Drew are insanely hard to resist falling for as a couple. You especially can't not love Drew. I mean, the guy is amazing and oh, so sexy. Seeing the two of them get to know each other after all these years, it's heartwarming. They've both grown up in a lot of ways, but the attraction has not dulled. The heat, you guys... THE HEAT.  *passes out just thinking about it* One of my favorite parts is when they go back to see her family, and everything that ensues upon that visit.

Melting The Ice turned all the ice into water... it's now a puddle... and that's a good thing. I adored times infinity everything about this story. There's a lot of heart along with the heat. It's not just another one of those cheesy love stories. It's much more. And Jaci Burton can just keep writing them because I sure can't get enough of these steamy and touching stories!

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. Woots! I adore her books. I'm so happy to see you enjoyed your first. I really had a good time with those two as well. There was just something so special about them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it was you who introduced me to this author, so THANK YOU. I can't wait to read the rest in this series. :)

      Delete
    2. lol oh even more awesome. Yeah I reviewed this one when it came back and a few others. She's one of my go-tos :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!