Thursday, August 28, 2014

Review: Seducing The Enemy by Noelle Adams

Title: Seducing The Enemy
Author: Noelle Adams
Published: October 14th 2013
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
After being injured in a tragic accident as a child, Marietta Edwards has lived a sheltered life. Finally recovered, she wants to indulge in pleasures that are entirely new to her, so she begins by seducing a sexy, mysterious stranger. Only after their one-night stand does she learn their families have been embroiled in a fifteen-year legal battle and the man she’s given herself to is her worst enemy.

The heir to a vast fortune, Harrison Damon believes the unforgettable night he spent with Marietta in Monte Carlo is just a fling, an escape from his responsibilities. Then he discovers she is an Edwards—the family he despises most. He can’t quench his attraction for her, but he won’t let her use it against him. He won’t let her manipulate him to win money from his family. No matter how much he wants her, he won’t let her seduce him again.

My Thoughts:

There's no question that every time I pick up a Noelle Adams novel, I know I'm going to adore it. When I picked this one up, I had no idea what I was in for. Often I just expect something cute, something likable... but then I get something amazing instead.

It is impossible not to love Marietta. She's hilarious, so much so, that I couldn't stop laughing in the first couple chapters. My favorite is the scene with all the accents. I love seeing couples together just being ridiculous and laughing like that. It kept happening, even up until the end. It was simply ADORABLE. So was Harrison. There were moments when I wanted to shake him a little bit, but deep down you just know he'll come through and be an honorable man. He paid close attention to Etta, enough that he tried to protect her from things that made her uncomfortable.

The situation between their families is serious, and I liked how we were able to see it from different angles. What I really liked about it was how everything tied in from beginning to end. Not going to go into detail there because... spoiler alert! And I don't like doing that to people.

Seducing The Enemy is a need-to-keep-turning-the-page kind of novel. Marietta and Harrison have a lot to work through, and yet they care for each other enough to push through the obstacles. They learned how to trust and love deeply. It had everything a romance should have, and then some. Every Noelle Adams story I read is intriguing and honest and sweet. This one is definitely worthy is picking up sometime.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!