Friday, August 29, 2014

Review: This Is Falling by Ginger Scott

Title: This Is Falling
Author: Ginger Scott
Published: August 29th 2014
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it.

When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to live with the living. I just didn’t know how.

And then I met Nate Preeter.

An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t.

My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing.

And then he showed me how to fall.

My Thoughts:

Have you ever picked up a book and thought, "Hmm...I think this one is going to be a very touching story...I must read it," and then you read it and you find yourself overwhelmed with feels? THIS BOOK, you guys. This book was that book. I sincerely hope it comes out in paperback because I want to hold it in my hands SO BAD.

I had a strong adoration for both Rowe and Nate--like immense adoration. Rowe has been through the ringer in life, and still is. I won't get super spoilery (even though it's not necessarily a spoiler), but there was a shooting that happened while she was in high school which has seriously impacted the way she lives her life now. Nate wants her to let him in, but she's reluctant because of the past. After a little bit of time, they open up to each other and it's a beautiful thing. So. Freaking. Beautiful. I just... I can't even begin to explain it. You just need to read for yourself.

This Is Falling made me fall in love. It is a shining example of how New Adult should be--honest and real and full of love and life and growing into who you are. I liked seeing Rowe learn to live again after so much pain in life. Ginger Scott had me addicted to the words on the page. The ending had me sobbing--and I rarely sob reading books. All I can say is NATE'S LETTER. *swoony sighs and tears* I want a Nate of my own. Amazing times infinity and HIGHLY recommended.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!