Saturday, August 23, 2014

Review: Undeniable by Ashley Simone and Alicia Roberts

Title: Undeniable
Author: Ashley Simone, Alicia Roberts
Published: April 15th 2014
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
What if One Night Could Change Your Life?

Working in a diner by day and desperately applying for accounting jobs by night, Allie Nobokov fears that her future will be one of a single, virginal, cat lady. A chance encounter with a gorgeous stranger, Zac, awakens her desires and she feels an undeniable connection.

When fate pushes them together once again, Allie’s desires run wild – until, just when things start getting hot and heavy, Zac disappears into the night...

How can you deny a connection so strong?

All that is pushed to the back of Allie’s mind when her younger brother shows up on her doorstep, desperately in need of more money than she can provide… Until she sees a classified ad.

“I met a girl and I can’t get over her,” says the ad, and goes on to describe Allie. “If you look like her, I’ll pay handsomely for one night with you.”

Can Allie summon the courage to answer the mysterious ad and go through with what it entails? And can she convince the enigmatic Zac to push aside his demons and give their love a chance?

My Thoughts:

When first offered this book, I was intrigued, yet I debated on whether it would be something I could get into. It's a novella that leads into another novella, and the story ends in a cliffhanger. Is it enough of a story to suck me in to read more? The answer is kind of.

Zac and Allie's time together was brief, enough to create some feelings. When Allie becomes desperate for money to help her brother out and is lead right back to Zac to get it, they're lead into a passionate moment. However, there's much more to the story than meets the eye.

Undeniable was an interesting story, but I wish it was developed a little more. I didn't feel as much of the pull of the characters and the love connection as I hoped to. I'm thinking if it were longer it would have been more believable. However, Ashley Simone and Alicia Roberts have left me curious enough to see what's next for everyone and if the rest of the puzzle fits together.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!