Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review: A Woman Made For Sin by Michele Sinclair

Title: A Woman Made For Sin
Author: Michelle Sinclair
Published: August 5th 2014
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Historical Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Three best friends are the most eligible ladies in London. But Lady Aimee Wentworth only has eyes for the handsome sailor who captured her heart long ago...

Everything She Lost...

Lady Aimee Wentworth has grown tired of Reece Hamilton avoiding her. Unable to shake her childhood vow to marry the dashing sailor, she devises a plan that she's certain will land her in his arms. But before she can act, she's captured by Reece's crew, and an ill-timed case of mistaken identity all but shatters her hopes of winning back his affections...

...Was Worth Everything She Gained


Born the untitled second son of a lord, Reece has resigned himself to the life of a sailor. Unable to provide the luxuries befitting a Lady, he insisted that Aimee seek the hand of a nobleman. But when he discovers her on board his ship, he knows there is only one direction in which to set his sails - toward a destiny more adventurous - and more passionate - than either could have ever imagined...

My Thoughts:

I snagged this one up quick because it sounded like it would be a good historical. I expected this to be a sweet little romantic journey... but it just took forever to get there.

There was a whole lot of other stuff going on around Reece and Aimee, that it felt like we would never get to see them fall in love. I found myself immensely bored most of the way through to the point where I had to start skimming before I gave up entirely. But then! Aha! Romance! And let me say, get out your fans, ladies... there is one supremely long and glorious chapter of Reece and Aimee that you do not want to miss.

A Woman Made For Sin may have had too much stuff going on, but the romance was done right. It was extremely well-written, I can definitely give Michele Sinclair props for that. The descriptions are outstanding. I just wish I could have gotten into the storyline more. I think my brain just couldn't handle all the information. If it didn't take FOREVER for the romance (and if there had been MORE romance), I might have enjoyed it a little more.

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. Look at that cover! I am not hugely into romances but this one might be more my speed if it has other things going on around the romance bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yep, this is definitely for those who like more adventure/mystery than the romance. :)

      Delete
  2. What a pretty book! I like mine to get started a little quicker than that but sounds like it made up for it a bit :) Might have to give it a looksee at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one chapter definitely made up for it! Kinda redeemed it actually. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!