Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Title: The Fault In Our Stars
Author: John Green
Published: January 1st 2012
Source: Purchased
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

My Thoughts:

Well, I finally got caught up on the bandwagon right before the movie came out in theaters, which was a good thing. I kinda like knowing what I'm getting into before I see a movie. And I have to say, my book reading experience versus movie watching experience was a little different.

I did enjoy the book, but I actually liked the movie a lot more. Maybe it was because of how well the movie was made, I'm not sure. All the important elements from the book were portrayed as they should have been. The story itself... John Green is nothing short of genius when it comes to these kinds of stories. They're DIFFERENT and in the best and worst ways possible. If that makes sense. It makes sense to me. What I mean is that he takes an idea and he runs with it, and often with unique characters and circumstances. That's why he's a genius. Augustus and Hazel are perfectly and imperfectly paired, and their story is TIMELESS. Better than Romeo and Juliet. Yep, I said it.

The Fault In Our Stars is a brilliantly told love story. I don't know how else to describe it. When I read the book, I teared up off and on, but I didn't full on cry... I'm not sure why that is. After watching the movie, seeing it brought to life and bawling my eyes out, well, I'd probably cry if I read it again. In any case, if you haven't read the book/seen the movie--grab your tissues and hold on tight. Because THE FEELS. You will be feeling many feels.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!