Friday, March 13, 2015

Review: An Indecent Proposal: The Interview by J.C. Reed and Jackie S. Steele

Title: An Indecent Proposal
Author: J.C. Reed and Jackie S. Steele
Published: February 23rd 2015
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: New Adult Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
It was supposed to be easy.
Hire a professional actor to play my fake fiancé.
But when he steps in front of my door to pick me up for The Interview, my heart stops. Chase Wright is perfect. And hot. I mean like, burn up your dress hot. However, Chase isn't professional at all. I hate what he does to me with his sinfully sexy blue eyes. I hate that he wants me in his bed.

One month…that’s all I need him for. All I have to do is stay out of his bed.

But the rules slowly begin to change. My fake fiancé suddenly becomes my fake husband. When Chase offers me an indecent proposal, it's too late to fire him.
It's too late to decline.

My Thoughts:

The blurb on this one intrigued me enough to decide to read it. It's an interesting premise--and I was curious about what would make the rules change, from engagement to marriage. So, curiosity gets the better of me and I'm diving into this book!

Laurie is in a bind and she needs a fake fiancé to take care of some business. It seemed simple enough. Then she finds Chase, and he is more than happy to do this for her. Their chemistry is definitely there, despite the fact that it's not supposed to be real. And then when it becomes necessary to change the game with getting married, it appears like Chase really cares for her and is willing to do anything to help her out.

An Indecent Proposal is the kind of book to suck you in, but it leaves you hanging. I liked the attraction between Laurie and Chase, it was believable, and yet there was so much that felt like it was missing. Pieces weren't falling together completely. However, the story was intriguing enough that I may decide to pick up the continuation by J.C. Reed and Jackie S. Steele someday.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!