Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review: More Than a Convenient Bride by Michelle Celmer

Title: More Than a Convenient Bride
Author: Michelle Celmer
Published: March 3rd 2015
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
After all they've been through following the tornado that hit their Texas town, there's no way Dr. Lucas Wakefield will let his best friend, Julie Kingston, leave because of a green card mix-up. The only solution is to propose marriage. But what starts as a platonic arrangement quickly blooms into red-hot desire—until Luc's ex-fiancĂ©e returns to reclaim her man and Julie questions whether happily-ever-after is in the cards. Good thing Luc has no intention of giving up his passionate new bride without a fight!

My Thoughts:

I read the first Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm novel, Stranded With The Rancher, and thought it was absolutely lovely. I remember this "story" being hinted at and thought, "I'd really like to read more about that," so when this one came my way, BOOM! I was all over it.

Who doesn't love this kind of love story? "I have to get married to [insert whatever it is that's about to ruin their life unless they get married here]." There's just something about it. Put best friends Luc and Julie together and it's an easy fix. Then when it comes time to kiss the bride, they discover they enjoy the kisses... a lot. Well, then, there goes the whole simplicity of this arrangement. Is it possible for two best friends to fall in love after they've already gotten married?

More Than a Convenient Bride was an adorable ride. I loved it more than the first book in the series. Luc and Julie were an amazing pairing. The chemistry from their friendship translated beautifully to their relationship once they married. I will absolutely be reading the rest in this series, AND more by Michelle Celmer.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I love this premise too. One of my favorites was The Magic of Ordinary Days but I doubt it's as steamy as this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that out. :) It's a great premise!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!