Saturday, June 27, 2015

Review: Breach by K.I. Lynn

Title: Breach
Author: K.I. Lynn
Published: December 31st 2013
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Delilah Palmer has always maintained control of her life and outward personality, blocking the truth that’s just below the surface. Using a façade meant to be normal and hide the scars of her childhood, she's made a good life for herself. Becoming a successful lawyer, she is finally free from the tortured past that haunts her daily. Until he comes along and breaks open the cracks.

Nathan Thorne has a haunted past of his own. On the surface, he is personable, extroverted, and loved by everyone; everything Delilah isn't. However, hidden beneath his charming smile is a dark and tormented man that only Delilah has the power to unveil.

Forced into a small office together, they begin to see through each other's masks, and the magnetic attraction ignites an explosive relationship. Their firm, Holloway and Holloway Law, has a strict non-fraternization policy, forcing them to conceal their breach. But despite their efforts, separation becomes impossible, deceptions escalate, and Nathan begins to teeter on the edge of being overtaken by his past demons.

What dark secrets does Nathan harbor that stop him from giving in, and what is it that keeps him from healing and moving forward? And more importantly, where does Delilah fit into his turmoil? Will they be able to accept love and deal with all the trials that develop as their secrets are exposed, or will they fall through the cracks of their pasts and be consumed by all that haunts them?

My Thoughts:

I had no idea when I picked this book up how intense it would be. The intensity of it was just so much, I was reeling by the end. If there was ever a time I had a book hangover, this would be it. It was powerful, and it stirred up all sorts of feelings in me, sometimes even bringing me to tears. That's how intense it was.

Delilah and Nathan have tortured pasts, and it becomes something that draws them even closer. The insane attraction between them is dangerous since they're not allowed any sort of relationship due to company policy. But neither one can hold back, and they can't stop seeing each other no matter how hard they try. The passion between them is so hot, it leaps off the pages. The danger doesn't stop at the policy issue, though. There are things in Nathan's past that could ruin their relationship dramatically. Emotions run deep, deeper than they imagined possible or even wanted, which makes everything worse. Every time it seems they're getting closer, something pulls Nathan back just a little.

Breach caught me by surprise and completely blew me away. I didn't even know what to think when I finished--my mind was so thrown about I couldn't form words for it. It was just so raw, so emotional, so heartbreaking... everything. I will say, though, that not everyone's going to like this book--there's a lot going on when it comes to the secrets and the cliffhanger might cause some book throwing. For me, that was what kept me there in the moment. I loved every minute of this roller coaster and you better believe I'm anxiously looking forward to reading the rest of the series by K.I. Lynn.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!