Friday, July 31, 2015

Review: All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue by Sophie Jordan

Title: All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue
Author: Sophie Jordan
Published: July 28th 2015
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Historical Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
There was once a lady who loathed a lord...

Lady Aurelia hasn't always hated Max, Viscount Camden, her brother's best friend. In fact, as a besotted girl, she thrived under his kind attention – sure that he was the most noble and handsome man in the land. Until her young heart discovered what manner of rogue he really was. Now, though she enjoys nothing more than getting on his last nerve, she can’t deny Max drives her to distraction—even if she tries to pretend otherwise.

...and a lord who was confounded by a lady.

Max cannot recall a time when Aurelia did not vex him. If she was not his friend’s sister, he would stay far away from the infuriating vixen. Unfortunately, they are always thrown together. At parties and family gatherings…she is always there. Infuriating him, tossing punch in his face, driving him mad...until one night, she goes too far and he retaliates in the only way he can: with a kiss that changes everything.

My Thoughts:

It's been awhile since I've read a historical romance... I went through a phase where I read several within months, then kinda stepped away from them. This one by Sophie Jordan is the first one I've read all year. All I can say is what an amazing book to get me back into reading historical romance!

There's something seriously addicting about stories where enemies become lovers. They're at each other with insults and the banter is so hysterical, you're giggling like a maniac. Aurelia and Max are that pairing with a deep seated loathing that stems back to when they were younger. One of the conversations that ensued at one point had me laughing so hard, it took me a minute to get back to reading the book...

"Not so cockless. Am I?" he queried lightly.

"You've proven yourself well enough," she replied evenly, the color in her face becoming less red and more pink.

"Do well to remember it in your spinster bed tonight," he flung out. "Or perhaps someday you'll wed and have but a puny rod to take between your thighs. You'll think of me often then, will you not?"

*snorts* They meet again as they get older and the insults continue until the hate culminates into passion. They kiss in the heat of the moment, which leads them down a path where they can't go back. There's only one question that remains: Can Aurelia and Max accept their fate?

All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue is a charming love story between former enemies. Both Aurelia and Max are impressive characters. I fell for them both together and separately. Strong-willed, determined, passionate, sweet, stubborn, amusing--they had it all. I loved every single minute of this book! And now I'm super excited to get caught up on the previous books in The Debutante Files series.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm gonna need this one. I've read a couple of her historicals and really enjoyed them. Must get caught up. So glad you had a good time with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! The whole book was just grand and makes me get all grabby hands for more from the series. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!