Thursday, October 6, 2011

Update Thursday #27

Update Thursday #27

Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading, with writing, and beyond. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.

~*~
Reading, Writing...

Books I finished this week: 
~Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
~Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott (Off The Shelf Challenge)

Books I'm reading now (and some still):

~Virals by Kathy Reichs
~Portal by Imogen Rose
~Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett (ARC)
~Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives Vol. 3 by Ellen Schreiber

Off The Shelf Reading Challenge Progress Link (2 of 5 finished) ~ends 12/31/11

I just realize that this is the first time I've received an ARC for review. Awesome. I am STILL SO BEHIND. I need to make some sort of deal with myself. "If you can get one book ahead on your Goodreads challenge, I'll give you a cookie." Hmm... I think I'll need more motivation than one cookie. Perhaps, a batch of cookies! Wait, I think we have brownie mix... and chocolate chips. YES!!! I'll make myself a batch of brownies if I finish 4 whole books (including one for my Off The Shelf Challenge).

Writing: Broke 10,000 words again on my rewrite. Definitely happy about that! ^_^

And Otherwise...

There's another fall festival, the "big one" of the year for me and a lot of friends. Everyone shows up and we all hang out in front of a friend's house. A bunch of our friends from out of state are coming up and I haven't seen them in more than two years. I can't wait!

I don't know if you remember this, but I did a My Little Pony swap with a couple friends this summer. We finally exchanged everything and WOOHOO! Awesome swap. Here's a couple pics to show the stuff I got:



Yep. That's a bunch of awesomely cute ponies and pony related merchandise. There was also a cute ring with a black rose on it. I forgot to include it because I've been wearing it a lot. And I didn't include a picture of the candy... because I already ate most of it... Lol.


That is all I can think of! :)

~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for breaking the 100,000 word ceiling! I'm going to put up a post about NaNoWriMo this year. Any interest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I am really wanting to do NaNoWriMo this year. I've been wanting to for a couple years now but never had the courage until now. I just need to make sure that I pick out the right story idea that I know I can do. A few of the stories I want to do require a lot of research. I don't see anything stopping me right now, so let's hope nothing gets in the way between now and Nov. 1st!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!

As of December 15th 2011, this blog is an award free zone. I am unable to keep up with the requirements for them. Thank you for thinking of me though!