Thursday, December 1, 2011

Update Thursday #35

 Update Thursday #35

Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading, with writing, and beyond. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.

~*~
Reading, Writing...

Books I finished this week: ~Getting Published: Writer's Little Instruction Book by Paul Raymond Martin
~Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (Off The Shelf challenge)

Books I'm reading now (and some still):
~Portal by Imogen Rose
~Deaf Child Crossing by Marlee Matlin
~Blue Sky Days by Marie Landry
~Looking For Alaska by John Green (Off The Shelf Challenge)

Off The Shelf Reading Challenge Progress Link (4 of 5 finished) ~ends 12/31/11

Reading: Since I ended NaNoWriMo early, I was able to finish a couple books!!! Woot! Now that it's December, I'm so happy to get back into reading more.

Writing: WOW. NaNoWriMo was great. Once I de-mush my mind, I'll be getting into editing and revising the novel I wrote. It needs a whole lotta love... lol.

I wanna be like this guy. ------->


And Otherwise...

Kirsten Hubbard (author of the amazing novel Wanderlove, out in 2012) wrote this blog post about Why Authors Disappear. Let's be honest. I bet every single one of us as book bloggers have had this attitude at least ONCE in our life. I know I did back in the day (pre-obsessive-reading/ pre-blogging). BUT, the more I've learned about writing and authors and publishing and promoting and editing and revising, that was when I realized that I had no right. Authors are busy people, not only with their writing/publishing life, but also this thing that all of us have: REAL LIFE. You know, where you cook and clean and take care of your family and buy groceries and hang out with friends. When you think about it, they're online A LOT more than some of us could be with that kind of schedule. So, let's show some love and respect for our wonderful and favorite authors. <3

The ironic thing about the blog post is that she had a post on her site about giving away bookmarks for Wanderlove and Like Mandarin (her other book) to book bloggers for giveaways. So, of course, I emailed her about it (since I would love to have awesome swag to giveaway on here). I got an email from her the day after that post (and a personal comment on the review on my blog!) saying she was shipping the bookmarks out this week for me. How I love irony.


Until next time...

~Jessica

3 comments:

  1. I'm still so impressed with all the writing you accomplished! You deserve to be just like Garfield. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, I squee'd when I saw that you're reading Blue Sky Days. :-)

    Congrats again on finishing NaNo! You definitely deserve a break now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny: I love to be just like Garfield... :)

    Marie: I squee a lot myself when I see exciting stuff, so I don't blame you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!