Sunday Replay is a weekly recap of the postings on this blog. I will also be sharing other articles and newsworthy items I've found interesting. I may even showcase some new pictures I've uploaded. *
Stuff from the blog this week:
- I talk about how I'm addicted to series books more than I knew.
- The 12th installment of The Journey of Self-Publishing is about... drumroll... Publishing!
- I review the awesomeness that is The Princess Bride by William Goldman (I sort of go off on the movie more than the book but it's all good).
- Enter my sweet all E-Book giveaway for a chance to win one of nine books (including several fiction books and a couple books for writers).
- The latest on my reading and writing on Thursday.
- My 5th Question of the Moment about the delay in reading a book you anticipate called Why haven’t I read you yet? went up on Friday. Get in on the discussion!
In other news elsewhere on the internet..
- Writer's Digest offers up the 12 cliches we should avoid as writers.
- Molli at Once Upon a Prologue discusses how YA has evolved through the years, and Krista at Nawanda Files asks us what we think about New Adult as a genre.
- Chuck Wendig has an interesting post on writing what you want and what the audience wants to read.
- In three awesome posts, over 200 bloggers tell all on Parajunkee's View regarding what to expect when it comes to your blog size and pageviews (also a bit about advertising), handling your reviews and posts (and about how many ARC's bloggers receive weekly), and behaviors of book bloggers (including a bonus at the end of best books of the year).
- Becca Puglisi shares 5 tips for self-publishing on Laura Howard's blog.
- News on YA books to movies! Filming has begun for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (due out next year), check out the images behind the scenes. Also, more tributes have been cast for Catching Fire, including the long awaited casting of the beloved Finnick. AND *gasp* it sounds like Divergent will be hitting the big screen in 2014! (Um... YAY!)
And, for fun, I made another LOL cat of our beloved Honeybear:
As for me, I'm going with the family to visit some friends today. There will be laughter and a movie and cheesecake. Well, I heard there might be cheesecake, so I'm hoping for cheesecake, since cheesecake is delicious.
Much love to all!
* Of course, since this is the first edition, some links are from more than one week ago.