Friday, September 28, 2012

When Books Are Made Into Movies (1)


There has been a boom of YA books being made into movies. And it only seems to be increasing as time goes on. It's very exciting to me, because I don't bother with most movies anymore. They just don't appeal to me. But, when I read a good book, and see it's being made into a movie, it makes me excited. It's like *FINALLY!* something I want to see.

Today I'm going to share with you a couple I need to read before I see the movie.

~*~


The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones
Author--Cassandra Clare
Release Date: August 23rd 2013
Read about the movie on IMDb
Read about the book on Goodreads


This is one I have been planning on reading for awhile but just haven't gotten around to it. The premise is so intriguing, and I'd really like to know what the whole Team Jace and Team Simon thing is all about... and make my choice. There are a lot of fans of Cassandra Clare around and I'm sure there's a good reason for it. So I must get to this one soon!



~*~


The Host
Author--Stephenie Meyer
Release Date: March 29th 2013
Read about the movie on IMDb
Read about the book on Goodreads


After reading all the books in the Twilight series, you can't help but be curious about what else Stephenie Meyer writes. I started reading this one back when I finished Twilight, but at the time, I just didn't feel like getting into it. Now that a movie is coming out, I feel the need to give it a go again. It's an interesting story idea, you have to admit that! We'll see how it stands.



~*~

What movies are you excited to see? Are there any you haven't read yet but really want to read before the movie comes out? Tell me all about it!

~Jessica

10 comments:

  1. omg no PLEASE continue reading The Host, it is my second all time favorite novel after The Harry Potter series. Trust me, that is saying ALOT for me!! The first 50 pages or so are kind of a bore and you have to get through them but after that, I promise you that you won't be able to put the book down!

    as for TMI, I am like you, I haven't picked up this series yet but I have the first book staring at me right now because the first chance i get to read a non review book, I'll be reading it!

    great post!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I will! I believe you about the first part of The Host being a bit boring, that's pretty much all I remember. I'm glad that it picks up though. That will help when I pick it up next. :)

      I have City Of Bones sitting in a separate spot on my shelf staring me down every day. I'm hoping I can get to it soon!!

      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  2. I need to read the Host too. At least you started the book though. I do the same thing, stopping a book bc I don't feel it at the time and then come back. Have you read Beautiful Creatures? The trailer just came out for that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! :)

      I tried to read Beautiful Creatures and couldn't get into it. I'm not really a fan of witches and magic, and I barely remember anything about it. :P

      Delete
  3. I read The Host immediately after finishing Twilight. It was kind of hard to get into - and most of the people I've talked to who have read it have said the same - but it's worth it IMO. It was really good, and I'm curious to see how they'll do the movie. As for City of Bones, it's been on my list for the last two years and I still haven't gotten around to it...and now my library's copy is 'lost', so I might have to see if I can find it cheap on the Amazon marketplace or eBay. FYI - right now they're filming in a castle in Toronto (look up Casa Loma if you're not familiar with it already). Pretty cool, they're just two hours away from me! :-)

    I'm not sure what else is being made into movies...I'm bad at keeping up with that sort of thing lol. I still need to see The Hunger Games, but I'm on the waiting list for the DVD at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of good things about The Host, I just need to buckle down and read it. I can be so bad about that--just like I was with The Hunger Games! :P

      I'm sure you can find City of Bones cheap... Looks like you can probably get it for $4-7 most places. Oooh! I'll have to check that out. You should totally go see it in person if you can, that would be sooo cool! ;)

      Hopefully you can see The Hunger Games soon. It's so good! I'm not even sure what else there is at the moment, at least, stuff I want to see. There's a few movies in the works for the next couple years, but they are pre-production/ casting/ writing the screenplay right now. I'll probably be doing another one of these posts in six months or so. :P

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure about seeing either of these since I didn't LOVE the books but the truth is I probably will. ;) I always like to see Hollywood's take on books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm always curious about that too. I'm hoping I'll enjoy the books. :)

      Delete
  5. I think I'm in the minority that didn't finish the first TMI. Are you surprised?;p I probably won't bother seeing the movie. I get the feeling that Hollywood has seen the kind of money a book turned movie can make so they're all over it. I can't wait for the Vampire Academy movies to come out though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah, isn't it insta-love + love triangle? I kinda don't mind the idea of that. I'm just very curious about Cassandra Clare's writing style. I didn't even know the Vampire Academy series was going to be a movie, but I'm not surprised. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!