Sunday Replay is a weekly recap of the postings on this blog. I will also be sharing other articles and newsworthy items I've found interesting. I may even showcase some pictures I've uploaded.
Stuff from the blog this week:
- Music Monday features "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers this week!
- I review Samantha Young's novel On Dublin Street.
- The 80th Update Thursday is posted.
- Awesome guest post by Alex Morris about Literature Websites You Can't Live Without.
- Check out on my writer blog my latest post: Friday's Letters.
In other news elsewhere on the internet..
- A bunch of tips for NaNoWriMo from Chuck Wendig through links to some of his awesome posts.
- Adventures in Children's Publishing has a nice article on Six Tests of a Solid Story Premise and Eight Ways to Write One.
- Some great self-editing tips from author Shelli Johannes (S.R. Johannes) which is actually very timely for me in my writing. I especially liked the reminder about noting the words you frequently mistype so that you can make sure you fix each and every one of them.
- Divergent author Veronica Roth shares three bits of advice for young writers. At the end of the post, she also includes a bunch of sweet links on almost everyanything you could think of for writing advice.
- Wonder how a blogger stays organized? Look no further and check out how Molli stays organized.
And.... just a couple pictures from a video game called Paper Mario. This is what happens when the shy guys take over...
What news? Oh yeah. At the moment, I'm working on getting things together for the blog. I've only got a handful of things scheduled the rest of the month. I have been running out of steam lately, but I'm beginning to adjust to my new routine. So, October isn't going to have too much going for it. I am still focusing more time on writing, and getting more reading done.
Plus... this blog is going to be getting... a makeover! Woot! About time. I'm working with a blog designer right now and should have the new design implemented in the coming weeks. It won't be too dramatic (as in a major color change, I'm keeping the colors similar), but it will be different. I will have--wait for it--drop down tabs, and some other awesome buttons for the sidebars. It's going to be great. I can't wait to reveal it all to you. So, it's probably good I'm slowing down at the end of this month.
Marie and I have been wanting to read a book together for awhile now. We decided on A.C. Gaughen's novel Scarlet, since we both got it last month and are anxious to read it next. So starting November 1st we'll be reading it at the same time and discussing it. Marie tweeted about it to see if anyone else would be interested in joining us, and the author herself responded asking about what we were doing. Talk about awesome. If you're interested in reading along with us, let one of us know!
Much love to all!