Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Replay #8 + The News + Read-Along


Sunday Replay is a weekly recap of the postings on this blog. I will also be sharing other articles and newsworthy items I've found interesting. I may even showcase some pictures I've uploaded.


Stuff from the blog this week:



In other news elsewhere on the internet..


    And.... just a couple pictures from a video game called Paper Mario. This is what happens when the shy guys take over...



    ~The News~

    What news? Oh yeah. At the moment, I'm working on getting things together for the blog. I've only got a handful of things scheduled the rest of the month. I have been running out of steam lately, but I'm beginning to adjust to my new routine. So, October isn't going to have too much going for it. I am still focusing more time on writing, and getting more reading done.

    Plus... this blog is going to be getting... a makeover! Woot! About time. I'm working with a blog designer right now and should have the new design implemented in the coming weeks. It won't be too dramatic (as in a major color change, I'm keeping the colors similar), but it will be different. I will have--wait for it--drop down tabs, and some other awesome buttons for the sidebars. It's going to be great. I can't wait to reveal it all to you. So, it's probably good I'm slowing down at the end of this month.

    ~Read-Along~

    Marie and I have been wanting to read a book together for awhile now. We decided on A.C. Gaughen's novel Scarlet, since we both got it last month and are anxious to read it next. So starting November 1st we'll be reading it at the same time and discussing it. Marie tweeted about it to see if anyone else would be interested in joining us, and the author herself responded asking about what we were doing. Talk about awesome. If you're interested in reading along with us, let one of us know!


    Much love to all!

    ~Jessica

    4 comments:

    1. I can't wait to see your new blog design! I keep saying I'm going to schedule a bunch of stuff ahead for my blog but there's so much going I have to keep winging it. With the next three days off I'm hoping to get a bunch of posts scheduled and then not have to worry about it for awhile and concentrate on finishing TGC, commenting on blogs, and reading. I'm tired just thinking about it lol. I'm going to go check out some of your links...I really do want to participate in NaNoWriMo, although I don't know how that'll work with Logan here...at least TGC will be done by then and that'll be one huge stress-causing thing done. A's bugging me to write her story, so I'm eager to get started! ;-)
      I really hope we can get a least a few people to join our read-along! <3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. With the read-along, that is SOOO going to help me out post-wise. You'll be able to accomplish a lot in the coming days! So excited about TGC coming out next month. :D I think doing NaNoWriMo would be a lot to do with all the other stuff going on now! Maybe you can do a half-NaNo and do 25,000 instead. ;)

        I think we'll find a few people to do it! :D Once we spread the word a little bit and since it's going to be a month-long thing now, we'll get a decent amount of attention.

        Delete
    2. Wow! I'm excited to see the new design. I'd like to join your read-a-long...I don't have the book, though. I'll have to remedy that. Let me know when you're doing it. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Me too! We're still working out the details of the design but there's a rough idea started. Oooh! Yes! Another participant! I'll be posting more details as we come up with them. It sounds like it will be a month long thing now. :D

        Delete

    Thank you for commenting and happy reading!