Thursday, August 22, 2013

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Title: Losing It
Author: Cora Carmack
Published: October 12th 2012
Source: Purchased
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

My Thoughts:

I had been interested in reading this one for awhile, so when it went on sale, I snagged a copy right away. Not only that, but I read it almost right after getting it. You know it's a good one if I read it right away. And this one was for sure!

Bliss amused me very much from start to finish. She was ridiculously cute and it wasn't hard to get in her head and like it there. I found myself giggling on several occasions because it was just impossible NOT to. The gorgeous guy who turns out to be her professor, Garrick, is totally adorable. Like so many times before, an author mentions English accent and all I can think of is Ed Westwick because... well, SWOON. So, of course, in my head, I'm reading his dialogue in the accent and then get chills. It wasn't just the accent though, he was quite an amazing guy, respectful and kind.

The whole premise of the story with regards to Bliss and Garrick was very well done. It had a perfect balance of plot to it that went well with the romance. The romance though, oh so wonderfully handled. You anticipate one thing when going into the book, but get something else entirely. It is a mix of everything and when you reach the end, you're pleasantly surprised with how the whole story arrived to that point.

Losing It was definitely worth all the hype I was seeing everywhere. The love and the humor were completely amazing. I adored Bliss and Garrick and their romance. On top of that, there was also Cade, who was wonderfully sweet. Although he's not front and center for this one, he is in Faking It. Which I can't wait to check out because I want to keep reading as much as I can by Cora Carmack! Bottom line: This book is worth it.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!