Thursday, November 15, 2012

Update Thursday #85




Welcome to Update Thursday, my own personal meme of sorts where I post an update of the goings on at my blog, with reading and writing. Feel free to borrow the idea from me for your own bookish musings.

Reading...

Books I Finished:


The Evolution Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (-Goodreads-) 

Books I'm reading:



The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin (-Goodreads-)
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen (-Goodreads-)
City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare (-Goodreads-)


876 of 1026 E.E. Cummings poems finished (21 this week)

Writing...

~ If Only We ~ 40,496 ~
~ Before We Knew ~ 11, 449 ~
~ Whatever This Is ~ outlining ~
~ Under Enchanted Skies ~ 1,550/plotting ~
~ Beyond The Horizon ~ plotting ~
~ So I Thought ~ plotting ~
~ Hold Your Breath ~ plotting ~

The latest = I actually did all those words (1700) in one night. It was an epic night. I expected to have at least one more night to write, but not this week. I finished reading a book instead. We'll see how this next week goes... I'm getting into the end of the book, and there were several scenes that I actually did have written during NaNo (I'd say maybe 75% of what I've been doing for the last 15,000 words has been filler scenes in between the important conversations and acts). So my numbers may jump a little bit over the coming weeks, which will be awesome if they do (as long as I can tweak most of what has already been written to fit in with the revised plot). *crosses fingers*

Until next time!

Jessica

6 comments:

  1. How was The Evolution of Mara Dyer? And yay for 1700 words! Hopefully you can keep adding to that steadily. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely nuts. The first book is full of mystery and then the discovery; the second book has mystery too but also surrounding this whole 'everything is out of my control' thing going on that makes you keep reading, hoping that there can be control again. It's so hard to describe without giving anything away. Once you read it, you'll understand. :) I hope I can add to it steadily too! :D

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm, now I'm even more curious! I'm still hoping to get to it this year, but...heh...we'll see lol. I'm going to try to read a bunch of smaller books in the next month and hopefully get caught up on my reading goal that way. Maybe by the time I read the first book the price of the second one will have gone down and I can buy it lol...I do like having sets of books.

      Delete
    3. That's a good idea. Hopefully you can get to it early next year if you can't this year. I think you'll find it intriguing. :) I like having sets of books too, it feels nice to have a series complete. ^_^

      Delete
  2. I'm always so impressed with you guys and all the writing you cram in for NaNo. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe I managed doing NaNo last year, lol. It's hard to do, but rewarding in the end! :) Thanks Jenny!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!