Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: This Beautiful Thing by Amanda Heath

Title: This Beautiful Thing
Author: Amanda Heath
Published: November 11th 2012
Source: Purchased
Genre: New Adult
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Smashwords
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers

Teagan Harper doesn’t have much experience with guys. Her twin brothers have made sure of that. Until one night at a college party she gives them the slip, finding herself in the arms of the most amazing guy she has ever met. Now she's on a mission to find him since she ran from his bed. And forgot to ask his name...

Declan Sage has had control over his entire life. But that is all about to change when the girl who ran out of his bed turns his life upside down. She is about to throw that control out the window. But he’s pretty sure that’s a good thing seeing as she stole his heart...

My Thoughts:

This one had promise, it really did. I thought it did anyway. Boy, was I disappointed. The premise seems interesting enough, right? It should be a nice little secret romance coupled with a good love story, right? Well, it wasn’t.

There’s so much that the story could have had going for it but it seemed to bounce all over and go nowhere. The scenes between Teagan and Declan were so put on that it was hard to believe it was real. I found myself thinking, “Okaaay…” all too often when they were together.

And the grammar and the wording… don’t get me started. There were certain phrases used in certain scenes that were like WHAT?! Are you kidding me?! Then there was the overuse of words that only need to be used a couple times maximum. Every time they were repeated, I believe I facepalmed.

This Beautiful Thing was just not the book for me. I had to skim too much, it got too painful. And the climactic scene near the end that created drama? Um, yeah… what the heck… There was just too much that was unrealistic. I can see some people enjoying it, but if you’re picky about the same things I am, I wouldn’t recommend it.

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. I think this is the first lukewarm review I've read from you! This one doesn't sound like it's for me at all. Great cover though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're always so nice in your reviews. If this one had you face palming I think I better avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you would get quite irritated at the plot and grammar. Lol. :P

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!