Friday, November 15, 2013

Review: Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Stealing Parker
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Published: October 1st 2012
Source: Purchased
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers

Red-hot author Miranda Kenneally hits one out of the park in this return to Catching Jordan's Hundred Oaks High.

Parker Shelton pretty much has the perfect life. She’s on her way to becoming valedictorian at Hundred Oaks High, she’s made the all-star softball team, and she has plenty of friends. Then her mother’s scandal rocks their small town and suddenly no one will talk to her.

Now Parker wants a new life.

So she quits softball. Drops twenty pounds. And she figures why kiss one guy when she can kiss three? Or four. Why limit herself to high school boys when the majorly cute new baseball coach seems especially flirty?

But how far is too far before she loses herself completely?

My Thoughts:

After reading and loving Catching Jordan, it was pretty much necessary for me to keep reading Miranda Kenneally's novels. My high expectations were met for sure and I'm blown away by her ability to capture such candid stories in her words.

Parker is a girl with a lot going on, and this is just putting it LIGHTLY. The synopsis touches on the basic points, but there's so much more when you actually read it. This story had several threads strung throughout. Because of this, it was hard for me to know what (cough *more like WHO* cough) to root for since there is so much at play. With everything that Parker faced, she managed to prove to be a heroine to root for, even when she wasn't making the best choices.

Stealing Parker is definitely amazing. With all the personal opinions, religious views, and romantic ties that could create scandal. I did not expect most of it going in--it was a pleasant surprise though. I was quite happy with the way it all worked out in the end: the relationships renewed and ended. It felt very real and it was emotional. Like I said, Miranda Kenneally knows what she's doing.

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. I have this one on my Kindle. I'm excited to get to it now. Especially since I heard bad things about her books. I'm relieved to hear you say they're are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't write the expected ending stories, you will often go into it initially unsure of where it will lead but eventually you figure out where it's going. It's different and I think that's great. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really glad you enjoyed Stealing Parker, Jess! What I love about Miranda's books is that she doesn't shy away from tough - or maybe even taboo - subjects like sex and religion. Her books are so DIFFERENT and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Not only that, but they're very easy to read, she writes in a way that makes the wording flow and gets you invested in the story because you're rooting for the characters. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!