Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Review: My First, My Last by Lacey Silks

Title: My First, My Last
Author: Lacey Silks
Published: July 21st 2014
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
Fate has kept them apart for twenty years.
Their roads hadn't crossed and the stars didn't align until now...

Matured, more experienced, pierced, tattooed and hot as hell, Adrian steps back into Mia's life to reclaim his first love.

And the moment she sees him she can't even remember her own name.

Adrian Reed had always remained in Mia's heart. After all, he was her first boyfriend and the man she'd lost her virginity to, but that was twenty years ago. His sudden appearance at a bar, on a girls night out, has Mia acting like the fifteen year old girl she was when they parted.

But life now is not as simple as it was twenty years ago. With two kids, a hopeful ex-husband and new insecurities, Mia finds opening up to a new relationship more challenging.

Will she give her first love another chance, or will she push him away, this time for good?

My Thoughts:

I absolutely loved the first two books in the Layers trilogy, so when this one was out, I was very excited to read about new characters by the talented Lacey Silks. And this heartwarming story about second chances really showcased the author's talent.

Mia and Adrian have been through a lot since they first fell for each other years ago. Their lives have changed dramatically--marriage and children and divorce. But they're here now, and their feelings that were long buried have resurfaced. Is it possible for them to get their second chance? It's worth a chance, right? Watching the two of them draw closer again was the sweetest thing. It's a slow burn, and the love is still there, blossoming all over again.

My First, My Last is a touching story about old love becoming new again. I loved the premise, and I love the idea of their love never dying. As the story neared the end, I was on the edge of my seat, hoping for everything to turn out okay. Lacey Silks never ceases to amaze with her stories. If you haven't picked up a book by her, you definitely need to get one and see how great she is.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!