Saturday, November 28, 2015

Review: More Than Comics by Elizabeth Briggs

Title: More Than Comics
Author: Elizabeth Briggs
Published: February 20th 2015
Source: Copy given by author for honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon ~*~ Barnes & Noble
Add to your Goodreads shelf
Caution: May contain spoilers
They're friends online - but can they be more in real life?

Writer Tara McFadden has been friends with artist and drummer Hector Fernandez for years, long before his band became famous on reality TV – yet they’ve never met in person. They finally have a chance to connect offline when they’re both sent to Comic-Con to promote the graphic novel they collaborated on.

Hector's secretly been in love with Tara for as long as he can remember, and once they meet, she sees him in a new light. All the years of longing lead to an incredible night of passion after one of his concerts, but neither is sure if their online relationship can translate into a real life romance – or if this will ruin their friendship forever.

Over four crazy days at Comic-Con, Hector and Tara must decide if they want a future together. But when their story seems to be over, it’s up to Hector’s entire band to make sure he and Tara get their happy ending.

My Thoughts:

I've been wanting to read something by Elizabeth Briggs for awhile now. Several people I know and trust highly recommend her books, so I knew it would be well worth it... and wouldn't you know it, they were sooo right!

I fell for Hector and Tara's story almost immediately. Two online friends meeting in person for the first time? Sounds like a pretty awesome start to a romance. Hector has been in love with her for a long time, but she doesn't have those feelings about him until they actually meet in real life. You can sense it blossoming as you continue to read, and it draws you in more. Tara gets offered an opportunity of a lifetime--one that could keep her near Hector. But when Tara runs into her ex, it threatens to throw a wrench in her life and Hector's. Will they be able to figure out what's next?

More Than Comics is a sweet, romantic story! I loved the setting surrounding Comic-Con. I want to go there someday and now I really want to get there after reading this book. The love story between Hector and Tara is lovely and their chemistry is hot. And all the other characters intrigued me enough to make me want to get my hands on the rest of the books in this series. Definitely want to read more by Elizabeth Briggs.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds so cute! It actually sounds a bit unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I think that's what really drew me into the story. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!