Friday, February 8, 2019

Life is all about change...

Good morning, lovely readers!

How are you? I hope everything is well with you and you managed to survive January. Did it feel like it lasted forever to you, too? Hope you've stayed warm if you were stuck in the polar vortex like me!

I wanted to share a quick post to fill you in on the latest with my life.

First of all, December kicked my butt as far as free time and focus goes. I had to work overtime at work for the full week before Christmas, as well as rushing around for last minute gifts and making sure I had packages and cards put together to send off. All of them were going to be late since I didn't have time to go to the post office to stand in line or get stamps. I legit kept forgetting to get stamps. Lol. Then at the end of the month, both my husband and I came down with the stomach flu which took us both our for a few days each. Luckily my husband was already off work for the holiday, but I had to call in sick and felt so bad. I never call in sick.

Then January arrived and for some reason it felt like literally every time something really good would happen, something bad would follow. Not necessarily something REALLY bad, just something that threw a wrench into the daily routine. At the beginning of the month my husband asked if I could start looking for a new job. The one I had was part-time, limited hours unless it was a holiday, and we've been wanting to save up for a house. So I sort of reluctantly started looking for a job. I didn't want to let down my current job at the time and leave them without a replacement for me.

I honestly didn't expect to get a new job as quickly as I did... but I have a new job now! It's a call center job, which is something I'm pretty good at after spending years in customer service. I'm still currently in training and having to get up early, which is a pain since I'm not only a night owl, but my husband works second shift. I can't wait for my new schedule to start, which will coincide with my husband's schedule, thank goodness. We can both use a reprieve from all this getting up early nonsense. Hahaha!

So... my whole point of this little life update is that there may be some more delays in posts yet again. I think I'll be taking part, if not all, of February off while I get myself into a routine for my new job. It's going very well so I have confidence I'll be able to get everything back on track soon.

I have LOTS of fun stuff in the works for the blog, just haven't had much time to get it put together. At least you have something to look forward to!

In the meantime, you guys take care!
Talk to you more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!