Tuesday, March 17, 2020

My Thoughts... on everything happening in the world and other news


Hello fellow book lovers!

In the wake of all that is happening in the world, I wanted to make sure you are all doing okay and to let you know what's happening here.

First off, I genuinely hope you're safe right now and able to practice social distancing. I had to go to the grocery store twice at the end of last week and I'm crossing my fingers that I didn't come into contact with anybody who either has or is a carrier of the virus. Right now I'm at home and plan to remain here for at least two weeks without going anywhere, if not longer. My husband is unfortunately having to work at least until the end of the week, but I'm hoping it's sooner.

Things are scary, I know, but if we're taking all the precautions we can, it will get better sooner rather than later. While we may not know when it will get better, what I do know is that I'm going to do all I can to enjoy this time with my husband. I also want to be as productive as I can to prevent cabin fever from setting in. My cross-stitch project was put to the side recently because I had a lot of other responsibilities to attend to. Now I can get back to it and maybe even finish it. So I guess I'm trying my best to look at something positive so that I don't get bogged down by negativity.

Another thing I've been meaning to tell you is that Thoughts at One in the Morning will finally be coming to an end. It's been a long and wonderful run, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to this blog. When I thought about no longer blogging on here, it actually relieved me. Don't get me wrong, I've loved every minute of this journey. It's brought me into the wonderful world of bookish people, readers and authors and writers. I've made a number of friends and learned a lot about myself through the years. I wouldn't change any of it. There are just too many other things that are more of a priority for me and continuing this blog for the sake of keeping it alive is simply going to take me away from them.

The good news is that this isn't the last post on this blog. I have content scheduled all through the rest of this month as well as all of April. After that, it will be over. Thank you for joining me on this journey and I hope to see you around!

In the meantime, please stay safe. Wash your hands. Don't go out unless absolutely necessary. And take care of yourselves. Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!